Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am interested in applying to medicine or biomedical sciences for September 2017, but I have a problem. I currently have A-Levels in Maths, Chemistry and Physics with the grades A*, A, A respectively and a B in AS Biology. Most top universities require Biology to even be considered for a place there, so I know that I need to finish that A-Level to have a chance of doing medicine or even biomed. What is the best way to go about getting an A-Level in biology for a 20 year old who lives in London? Are there colleges that I can go to that would be able to help me? Could I just do it on my own and sit the exam at any old sixth form?

I'm a little stumped as to how to get started.

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure you can study almost any A-level subject using a distance learning provide - though you will have to pay. Google is your friend.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, just to add to Tom_88's post, it might be helpful to contact/research each medical school's entry requirements regarding A-levels. If I remember correctly, some universities require A-levels to be sat within a 2-year period, and study outside these periods will not count towards the application. Don't quote me on that, but it's just something that I remember from speaking to current med students, and it would be advised to find out each medical school's requirements.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.