Alisha07
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Has anyone got ideas as to what is going to come up this year? I think Philippines and Arctic could come up as they are compulsory and haven't come up since 2014. I also think TNCs and megacities as it wasn't in last years paper..
Fox Corner
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Alisha07)
Has anyone got ideas as to what is going to come up this year? I think Philippines and Arctic could come up as they are compulsory and haven't come up since 2014. I also think TNCs and megacities as it wasn't in last years paper..
Hi! I moved this to the Geography forum for you
Xxlsx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What do you think would come up for the aqa paper tho??????
Polaroid456
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I also think that the Philippines will come up since the Californian Coast was in the 2015 paper, although, there have been years where they've thrown them both in and since it's the last year they might do that or base the 15 mark on these case studies instead.
Izzy162
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
My teacher says Megacities is due for a 15 mark question and I agree with Arctic and Philippines! I also think maybe roots and social/economic reasons for population change in the UK will come up
Alisha07
Rep:
?
(Original post by Polaroid456)
I also think that the Philippines will come up since the Californian Coast was in the 2015 paper, although, there have been years where they've thrown them both in and since it's the last year they might do that or base the 15 mark on these case studies instead.
Yeah I totally agree
Alisha07
Rep:
?
(Original post by Izzy162)
My teacher says Megacities is due for a 15 mark question and I agree with Arctic and Philippines! I also think maybe roots and social/economic reasons for population change in the UK will come up
Yeah Megacities hasn't come up in a bit!
Alisha07
Rep:
?
(Original post by Xxlsx)
What do you think would come up for the aqa paper tho??????
I'm not sure I don't do that exam board!
Alisha07
Rep:
?
(Original post by Fox Corner)
Hi! I moved this to the Geography forum for you
Thanks!
angelscity
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes!! Africa has been in loads of essay questions so I think they might throw in the Arctic this year for the physical side!
Alisha07
Rep:
?
(Original post by angelscity)
Yes!! Africa has been in loads of essay questions so I think they might throw in the Arctic this year for the physical side!
Yeah me too! I'm nervous though!!!!
lauuu19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I need some help with Unit 1 Section B global challenges, the essay writing... Do any of you know any tips? I know about past papers but i don´t know what more to do. I want to do small and very specific case study facts but i have all of my exams together in the same week and a half and don´t have much time
Alisha07
Rep:
?
(Original post by lauuu19)
I need some help with Unit 1 Section B global challenges, the essay writing... Do any of you know any tips? I know about past papers but i don´t know what more to do. I want to do small and very specific case study facts but i have all of my exams together in the same week and a half and don´t have much time
There are some key major case studies for example UK to Spain, Poland to UK. These are key for the global challenges part. Try and overview these in the revision guide (CGP). But also don't forget TNCs and Megacities as they often come up. Just remember the main key points for the case study. 10 marker - 2/3 paragraphs. 15 marker - 3 paragraphs with at least 3 case study examples! Hope this helps! Remember past paper practice under time conditions will give an idea in the actual exam. I'm nervous too!!!
lauuu19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
There are some key major case studies for example UK to Spain, Poland to UK. These are key for the global challenges part. Try and overview these in the revision guide (CGP). But also don't forget TNCs and Megacities as they often come up. Just remember the main key points for the case study. 10 marker - 2/3 paragraphs. 15 marker - 3 paragraphs with at least 3 case study examples! Hope this helps! Remember past paper practice under time conditions will give an idea in the actual exam. I'm nervous too!!!
Thanks a lot!! It really helps hahaha and im so nervous too!!
Alisha07
Rep:
?
(Original post by lauuu19)
Thanks a lot!! It really helps hahaha and im so nervous too!!
I'm just going to try and do lots of past papers and see how it goes!!
angelscity
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah me too! I'm nervous though!!!!
Same!! I'm way better at Africa than the Arctic! Sososo scared, really want a good grade in this- especially since it's 60% of our AS grade ahh!!
Alisha07
Rep:
?
(Original post by angelscity)
Same!! I'm way better at Africa than the Arctic! Sososo scared, really want a good grade in this- especially since it's 60% of our AS grade ahh!!
Yeah I'm exactly the same! Hopefully the exam will be good this year
IDontKnowReally
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I feel like something on the census might come up? idk Megacities seems very likely though as well as retirement migration possibly?
Izzy162
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by IDontKnowReally)
I feel like something on the census might come up? idk Megacities seems very likely though as well as retirement migration possibly?
yeah census / roots hasn't come up in a while!
angelscity
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah I'm exactly the same! Hopefully the exam will be good this year
Hopefully it will be, since it's the last year on this spec
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you're planning on going to uni this year, would any of these financial reasons stop you?

Not being able to work now to save up for uni (92)
13.88%
Reduced household income due to coronavirus means I can't afford to go (55)
8.3%
Lack of part-time jobs to support me while I'm at uni (85)
12.82%
Lack of graduate job prospects when I finish uni (80)
12.07%
Other reasons are stopping me going (84)
12.67%
Nothing is stopping me going (267)
40.27%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise