Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Im worried that i will not pass first year uni and get 40% in each module, however i also want to transfer to another uni, I understand that i may not be able to join in second year, but i am open into going back to foundation or 1st year. Has anyone had any experience like this?

Any help or suggestions please let me know!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AC3299)
    Im worried that i will not pass first year uni and get 40% in each module, however i also want to transfer to another uni, I understand that i may not be able to join in second year, but i am open into going back to foundation or 1st year. Has anyone had any experience like this?

Any help or suggestions please let me know!!
    Going into first year may be an option- however at this stage most courses will have filled their first year for 2016 entry. You could apply to other unis that have spaces via clearing in the summer. You'd need to disclose what happened this year on your application, which might count against you, but unis know that people make mistakes and some will probably be willing to give you a second chance. You'd also probably need a reference- is there anyone at your current uni you could ask, or could you ask the person who was your reference last time?

ReputationRep:
    Should i wait until clearing in mid summer? I have an academic tutor i believe could be of help through the process, but i was thinking of going to uni fairs and asking the booths about my situation

ReputationRep:
    What are you studying?

ReputationRep:
    Biological Sciences

ReputationRep:
    In most Universities, if you fail more than two modules, you have to repeat the year. If you fail one module, you may be able to take it alongside the year 2 modules, although this depends entirely on whether the university will allow you too or not.

I'm curious to know why you haven't achieved 40%? Do you not like the course or the university?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.