Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I keep on crying about my exams and i dont know why Watch

This morning something happened and i literally couldn't stop crying about it. It wasnt even important, i had lost my earrings and literally broke down being late for school.

I have felt stressed all day and it doesn't help that my teacher asks me "have you done any revision at all"

Im home now and am literally so stressed ive started crying. I dont know what to do. I've revised but i feel like i haven't done enough and its making me very much on edge.

What do i do?

ReputationRep:
    how much have you done so far? are you confident in what you need to know?

(Original post by shawn_o1)
    how much have you done so far? are you confident in what you need to know?
    I mean i have revised in year 10 and since Jan but ive only felt like March has been of any use
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Are you onto the past paper stage and you have done your revision notes? If so just keep it ticking over doing past papers, be sure to rest, eat and sleep properly. maybe try some meditation, yoga or breathing techniques. Do a bit of exercise. Just a bit of nerves of the unknown. You started months before a lot of people.

ReputationRep:
    Make yourself a timetable and stick to it before the exams. Give time to studying and to free time. You say you lost your earrings so I'll assume you're female for now. Maybe you're getting a little bit caught up in emotions and hormones, it happens to the best of us. If you're expecting your monthly pal just take a long soak in the bath, try to think about anything other than revision and clear your mind for atleast an hour. When you're all relaxed your hormones will chill out too so that'll help you look at things clearer. You can also use the method of food prizes when studying which really helps me. Even now, when I think about wipsa, I immediately remember the electromagnetic spectrum. Feel free to message me if you need any help at all.
    I hope you find your earrings too!!

(Original post by Anonymous)
    This morning something happened and i literally couldn't stop crying about it. It wasnt even important, i had lost my earrings and literally broke down being late for school.

I have felt stressed all day and it doesn't help that my teacher asks me "have you done any revision at all"

Im home now and am literally so stressed ive started crying. I dont know what to do. I've revised but i feel like i haven't done enough and its making me very much on edge.

What do i do?
    I have felt exactly the same and cried too. But I realised soon enough what has happened has happened, you can't go back and change how you spent your time even an hour ago. all you can do is change how you are now. I literally started studying for one of my levels paper like on the 5th and went to the exam on the 6th - I literally wrote down all I could and was quite happy with it - might even get an A. So you see anything can happen, it really is possible, but not unless you can chin up and emotionally and mentally strengthen yourself and believe that you can do it. It's really tough in situations like that, trust me I have been there like a week ago. But my friend believed in me and that made me believe in me. And if I could do it, so can you, I believe in you. Get off TSR, forget the past, focus on the now and the future and start revising!

ReputationRep:
    This makes me sad because this was exactly me this time last year. Just keep in mind that it is possible no matter how much revision you've done, just work and try your hardest as you can at this point so you know that no matter what your results are you'll have worked your hardest! Try to stick at it because stressing is counter productive and a positive mind set is crucial - teachers will make you think that you need to be revising every hour of every day and of course you should do as much revision as you feel you need to do but some subjects I only revised the night before and managed to get A*s so go into those exams with a positive attitude and make sure you've had enough sleep and you'll be brilliant!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    flippin wuss
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    This is me currently. I'm usually the least emotional person in the world but recently I've been crying at least 3 times a week but sometimes it's more like 3 times a day. Sorry I can't help you but just wanted to say you're not alone

ReputationRep:
    Lol wait till sixth-form and university. I want to lie down onnthe motorway

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do you need your diaper changing?

(Original post by Synonym)
    flippin wuss
    (Original post by Caver)
    Do you need your diaper changing?
    Im a wuss or a baby because i want to do well in my exams? Exams mean different things to different people and you are in no position to tell me to get over how i am feeling. Yes Alevels and such are harder than what i am going through now and im not denying that fact, but am i not allowed to be upset or stressed?

Its people like you guys who make others feel that they cant be stressed or happy leading them to become even more negative and stressed.

-

Thanks to everyone else for the lovely comments. It has helped me and i feel a lot better <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Im a wuss or a baby because i want to do well in my exams? Exams mean different things to different people and you are in no position to tell me to get over how i am feeling. Yes Alevels and such are harder than what i am going through now and im not denying that fact, but am i not allowed to be upset or stressed?

Its people like you guys who make others feel that they cant be stressed or happy leading them to become even more negative and stressed.

-

Thanks to everyone else for the lovely comments. It has helped me and i feel a lot better <3
    man up kid ...stand up im calling you a wuss.... you are one..prove me wrong revise the f outta your books and come back to this message when you smash your exams and get what you want !

all those soft comment tend to wear people down....you think life works that way..all Utopian and sheet it aint man its a fooken biatch a real big one...you got this..

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.