AlexisSanchez2
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Today at school we received our result for a mock test we did last month and it turned out that I just about scratched a C grade. I have been struggling with English literature for a while now and its my first exam. Its very crucial that I get a B grade in English lit. I'm doing WJEC and my first exam is in 2 weeks. I hardly revise for English and when I do revise, I don't know how. I have had over 3 teachers in the past 2 years and not one of them has taught us how to revise. Can somebody please tell me how they revise for English lit. Any advice or help is much appreciated. Thanks
Rhoda_
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Although I am studying different books, the revision techniques I use are all the same. Our teacher had us do a timeline of the plot and a knowledge sheet, which had the key themes plots, characters and context on it. Also 3 key quotations for each character
TracyEmu
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by AlexisSanchez2)
Today at school we received our result for a mock test we did last month and it turned out that I just about scratched a C grade. I have been struggling with English literature for a while now and its my first exam. Its very crucial that I get a B grade in English lit. I'm doing WJEC and my first exam is in 2 weeks. I hardly revise for English and when I do revise, I don't know how. I have had over 3 teachers in the past 2 years and not one of them has taught us how to revise. Can somebody please tell me how they revise for English lit. Any advice or help is much appreciated. Thanks
Yeah. I'm doing the WJEC English exam board. What books and play are you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Reading
ihatePE
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
im doing wjec too, books are AIC and Heroes. i've done essays on it, character mind maps but really, i havent looked at it much, some quotes stick to my mind but not a good amount, so ive decided to do lit revision as i finish an exam.
i basically just write down a side of character analysation, with quotes for each point. and then highlight the quotes, learn the quotes, learn the points with it. i would say to analyse all the characters for these two books took me 3 days.
youtube videos help a lot with these mind maps. search mr bruff and other english youtube teacher
AlexisSanchez2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by TracyEmu)
Yeah. I'm doing the WJEC English exam board. What books and play are you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
OMAN, a view from a bridge and lord of the flies.
username2488725
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
When I did my GCSE English Lit (Hated lit and lang!) I bought the CGP revision guide with all the poem annotations, themes etc. and just memorised the section that stated the theme, affects on the reader etc. (Can't remember now, been a year since I did GCSEs) the night before.Seemed to work fine, I got an A in lit at the end.

Just make sure you have a general grasp of the poem I guess.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (637)
33.53%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (801)
42.16%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (376)
19.79%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.53%

Watched Threads