Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all

So basically today I had my equity exam. Im a third year law student and i think i failed it. This is not simply a case of not working or not trying hard enough. I have been studying pretty much non stop for this exam. I generally perform well (ive only had two overall module grades below 75 and both were stll firsts) and for this exam i only needed 54 to get a 2 1 (easy coursework question) but i cannot say for sure if i even got that. I really struggled with this top.

Now my real concern is with law firms. I have a vac scheme lined up for the summer, and i do not want to lose the tc op because of grades. If it was just equity that i was scared of failing id be fine because it would just look like a blip. However, i also think i failed my property law exam, whic means it looks less like a blip (which again i studied really hard for but my weakest topics came up and its compulsory questions only exam)

I am confident that i will get a high 2 1 and a first in my other two modules. As these arent property bassed perhaps they will see the grades and see that im not a property lawyer, and i havent applied to any propertg heavy firm, i am far more interested in contentious work and my grades reflect this. Is this a factor the firms will consider?

Whats worse is that its left me demotivated to start studying for my final exam. I just feel too depresed. Inreally dont know what to do or what will happen

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.