Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Will my Secondary School reputation affect which uni I get into? watch

ReputationRep:
    So I'm just going into my last year of Secondary School and in year 7 I was apparently caught stealing from the canteen and I was told it was going on my school record. Will this still affect me or was it too long ago to worry about it now???

lol I doubt it omg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweet162016)
    So I'm just going into my last year of Secondary School and in year 7 I was apparently caught stealing from the canteen and I was told it was going on my school record. Will this still affect me or was it too long ago to worry about it now???
    I do not think so.
    Your grades certainly will

ReputationRep:
    PFFFFT XD. No ****ing way will that affect u getting into uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M14B)
    I do not think so.
    Your grades certainly will
    I've always been a straight A-A* student so hopefully that will make up for it. Plus I never stole anything but I go to a bad school :/

ReputationRep:
    I was apparently caught stealing from the canteen
    Why apparently? you either did or didnt?

and what food was it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humanteaparty)
    PFFFFT XD. No ****ing way will that affect u getting into uni.
    Will I be okay for collage and sixth form too? I'm a straight a-a* student so I'm hoping not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForestShadow)
    Why apparently? you either did or didnt?

and what food was it?
    Pan au chocolat x'D
    I've been worrying ever since year 7 x'D

ReputationRep:
    Guys I didn't even steal anything but I'm at such a rough school they don't trust anyone lol

ReputationRep:
    lol, i doubt it. If it was written down Im sure your amazing exam results etc will cover up.

ReputationRep:
    No lol that stuff doesn't matter, unless you get a police record/expelled you're fine

And poor performing secondary schools are actually advantageous when it comes to uni offers (providing you get the grades lol)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SSJ100)
    No lol that stuff doesn't matter, unless you get a police record/expelled you're fine

And poor performing secondary schools are actually advantageous when it comes to uni offers (providing you get the grades lol)
    No I don't have a criminal record or anything. I just got isolation for the day which they call a 'punishment' but the fed me all day lol And I'm in the top 3% in the country with my grades. Oxford here I come >

ReputationRep:
    Oh gosh, of course not. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    No I don't have a criminal record or anything. I just got isolation for the day which they call a 'punishment' but the fed me all day lol
    Yeh lol I got a couple of external exclusions it was basically a day off and btw I still got all my offers from the Unis I applied to (BBB unis so not that great but still)

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.