Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So, basically, when you get your GCSE results, you add them up and find out your GCSE score. From there, you can find out which programme is most appropriate. Between 4.0 and 4.75 is BTEC and from 5.25 and 6.5 is A-Level. If you get somewhere between 4.75 and 5.25, my College states there is 'some' flexibility with which programme is best appropriate, and will give advice. (But do YOU get to choose?) I'm just concerned that getting a D in R.E could be the thing stopping me from doing A-Levels, which has NOTHING to do with what I want to do (Biology, Psychology and Health Care) I'm just really confused in how it works?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AbzyB)
    So, basically, when you get your GCSE results, you add them up and find out your GCSE score. From there, you can find out which programme is most appropriate. Between 4.0 and 4.75 is BTEC and from 5.25 and 6.5 is A-Level. If you get somewhere between 4.75 and 5.25, my College states there is 'some' flexibility with which programme is best appropriate, and will give advice. (But do YOU get to choose?) I'm just concerned that getting a D in R.E could be the thing stopping me from doing A-Levels, which has NOTHING to do with what I want to do (Biology, Psychology and Health Care) I'm just really confused in how it works?
    Depends on the college - if you get a D in R.S. but A*-C in all your other subjects then I don't see why they wouldn't let you take A-Levels?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AbzyB)
    I would love to help, but I have no idea about this new grading system? I'm used to just letter grades. My college stated that as long as you had 5 B's or above, that you would get to choose the courses you wanted (and some other criteria). For example, if you wanted to study Maths, but got a C in the exam, then you may not be able to take maths at a level. You must pass firstly their expectations (e.g. 5B's), and then the course criteria to get into the subject. It is a lot less complicated than it sounds, I just do not know how to explain it any other way.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.