Edexcel Geography Unit 4 2016 70 marker Help/Exemplars/Case studies

Watch
SSJ100
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I know there's a couple of threads on this but they're pretty dead and this exam is fast approaching...
I'm really struggling with researching for this essay and actually writing it - our class are doing a practice essay with a predicted question based off the pre-release research focus. Since the case studies/key concepts used will be the same (but with a different conclusion/way of addressing the question) I was wondering for the exam what are the best case studies to use? So for Intrusive volcanic land forms, Extrusive land forms, hotspot case studies and also a distinctive land form seismic processes form?

Any links/exemplar essays/conclusion tips/notes of key concepts would be greatly appreciated.
Fox Corner
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by SSJ100)
I know there's a couple of threads on this but they're pretty dead and this exam is fast approaching...
I'm really struggling with researching for this essay and actually writing it - our class are doing a practice essay with a predicted question based off the pre-release research focus. Since the case studies/key concepts used will be the same (but with a different conclusion/way of addressing the question) I was wondering for the exam what are the best case studies to use? So for Intrusive volcanic land forms, Extrusive land forms, hotspot case studies and also a distinctive land form seismic processes form?

Any links/exemplar essays/conclusion tips/notes of key concepts would be greatly appreciated.
Hi! I moved this to the Geography forum for you - you're more likely to get a good answer here
SSJ100
Rep:
?
(Original post by Fox Corner)
Hi! I moved this to the Geography forum for you - you're more likely to get a good answer here
Thanks! I wanted to do that actually I just didn't know how haha!
SSJ100
Rep:
?
bump
maria582
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Hi!!Could you please send me the predicted questions you have for tectonics please?
SSJ100
Rep:
?
(Original post by maria582)
Hi!!Could you please send me the predicted questions you have for tectonics please?
Well the predicted question our class is writing a practice essay on is:
'Explain how volcanic and seismic processes lead to different landscapes in different locations'

Send any good website links for case studies you use please, thanks.
maria582
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Well the predicted question our class is writing a practice essay on is:
'Explain how volcanic and seismic processes lead to different landscapes in different locations'

Send any good website links for case studies you use please, thanks.
Thank you!!!
I have used the following links for my case studies:
* Iceland (Geofile- it is REALLY DETAILED)-seismic process
*Hawaii -the Geological Society (Useful to understand the volcanic process,but it is really weak on landscape feature I think.If you have any webpages about Hawaii landscapes,please tell me!!
*Himalayas-seismic process-Geofile and Geological Society (same applies to this webpages,really weak on landscape I think.If you HAVE ANY WEBPAGES on Himalaya´s landscape tell me
*East African Rift Valley -USGS

Hope it helps!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (27)
17.31%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (49)
31.41%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (15)
9.62%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (16)
10.26%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (7)
4.49%
I think it's an unfair expectation (39)
25%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.92%

Watched Threads