Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

"Money is the Root of all Problems". watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    money is not the root of all evil... money is just paper and metal ¬_¬ what harm can it do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minnieb48)
    i totally, utterly, unequivocally believe that money is the root of all problems.

Dare diagree with me?
    How would you solve these problems if money is causing them? Get rid of money? The economy could never function without money. Citizens from poor 3rd world countries don't have much money and I don't think they are leading such wonderful lives. Would any of us trade places with someone living in Mozambique?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Made in the USA)
    How would you solve these problems if money is causing them? Get rid of money? The economy could never function without money. Citizens from poor 3rd world countries don't have much money and I don't think they are leading such wonderful lives. Would any of us trade places with someone living in Mozambique?
    money, atm, is just a stage in social evolution... before long money will not exist but not in our lifetime.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by operato)
    money, atm, is just a stage in social evolution... before long money will not exist but not in our lifetime.
    It's been a very long stage. People have been using money for thousands of years. However, we may get to see a cashless society in our lifetimes. We are not too far from it right now. You can buy most things with a credit card.

ReputationRep:
    If people are led to believe money is the problem, how will cashless society solve that problem??? Earning and spending will still exist ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Made in the USA)
    It's been a very long stage. People have been using money for thousands of years. However, we may get to see a cashless society in our lifetimes. We are not too far from it right now. You can buy most things with a credit card.
    lol

ReputationRep:
    On this issue I would certainly say that materialism in western societies has is more important than it has been ever before. Hence many people might be duped into believing that materialism is the way to happiness as society is raving about it with its super rich celebrities and footballers ect but I do not think it is true. Money is an enabler, it allows you greater choice, however this greater choice does not it self leave to happiness, its the choices that you make that do.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 8, 2004
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.