Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Why am I enjoying exercise? watch

ReputationRep:
    Ok I know this sounds like such a dumb question, but why am I suddenly enjoying exercise? I used to be disgusted by it - I would never step foot inside a gym, or voluntarily workout. Now I enjoy running, cross training, etc.

I know exercise releases endorphins etc, but why did I suddenly start enjoying it?
    Weird question I know I'm just curious
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    You got fitter and it wasn't so utterly hideous

ReputationRep:
    maybe because when working out... exercise release the same hormones as sex i read it somewhere
    but i could be wrong :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by celloel)
    Ok I know this sounds like such a dumb question, but why am I suddenly enjoying exercise? I used to be disgusted by it - I would never step foot inside a gym, or voluntarily workout. Now I enjoy running, cross training, etc.

I know exercise releases endorphins etc, but why did I suddenly start enjoying it?
    Weird question I know I'm just curious
    Anything in life you enjoy more once you make and see progress
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Fitter cna give you more energy, its something to do and progress can also be enocouraging, faster longer stronger etc. Its gives you the idea that you can male changes so is quite self empowering.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M14B)
    Anything in life you enjoy more once you make and see progress
    This is very true! I have my times for 5k atm which I'm working to beat haha

ReputationRep:
    This is very true! I have my times for 5k atm which I'm working to beat haha
    Hope you hit personal bests.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by fatima1998)
    maybe because when working out... exercise release the same hormones as sex i read it somewhere
    but i could be wrong :yep:
    I do often feel a bit horny while I'm training, though I always assumed it was just because the contents of the yoga pants on that hot girl over on the treadmill were in my eyeline :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    I do often feel a bit horny while I'm training, though I always assumed it was just because the contents of the yoga pants on that hot girl over on the treadmill were in my eyeline :sexface:
    can't wait until I can afford the gym to do exactly this
    Spoiler:
    Show
    lmao i hate myself
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    can't wait until I can afford the gym to do exactly this
    Spoiler:
    Show
    lmao i hate myself
    People say girls in yoga pants showing off in the gym like it's a bad thing, but I say if you've worked hard, show it off

ReputationRep:
    that means i am right
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Woody pls no

Pls go

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.