Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have the revision guide that our school offered us but it is so useless. You might know which one I'm talking about, the revision notes one. It's terrible. I need help. I have learnt some case studies and am fine about them, it's just the content.

Any advice? What did you do if you've already done it? Any help will do thanks
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by hello654321)
    I have the revision guide that our school offered us but it is so useless. You might know which one I'm talking about, the revision notes one. It's terrible. I need help. I have learnt some case studies and am fine about them, it's just the content.

Hi! I moved this to the Geography forum for you - you're more likely to get a good answer here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fox Corner)
    Hi! I moved this to the Geography forum for you - you're more likely to get a good answer here
    Thank you !

ReputationRep:
    Is it the white textbook you talking about?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    hi. I am currently revising for this too, and I find that revision cards are really useful. I put the word on one side and the definition on the other. Then I play a game with my friends on who can answer the definition the quickest. For example the word would be quality of life and the definition would be a measurement of how happy and content we are. The first person to say that, or something similar wins and gets the point. Whether you're the person asking the questions or answering them with your friends, you learn off of each other and it is a great way to revise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naomeyz_01)
    Is it the white textbook you talking about?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yes, the myrevisionnotes one. it barely has sufficient information and i always find myself jumping from text to text to gather info as there is none.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shaniahconnor)
    hi. I am currently revising for this too, and I find that revision cards are really useful. I put the word on one side and the definition on the other. Then I play a game with my friends on who can answer the definition the quickest. For example the word would be quality of life and the definition would be a measurement of how happy and content we are. The first person to say that, or something similar wins and gets the point. Whether you're the person asking the questions or answering them with your friends, you learn off of each other and it is a great way to revise
    nice idea if you are learning the theory where are you learning it from? a website or a textbook?

ReputationRep:
    I also draw diagrams on the cards with numbers at each point and on the other side, I will say the process, where the numbers are located. For example, I drew a cliff, turning into a stump, and on the other side wrote:
    1. crack - hydraulic action
    2. cave - continue making a cave
    3. arch - water erodes through the whole cave and becomes an arch
    4. stack - arch ceiling caves in leaving a stack
    5. stump - water erodes the sides of it, top collapses

ReputationRep:
    well, I learnt the theory from the wjec text book we have at school, and then wrote all my revision cards from my work book

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shaniahconnor)
    well, I learnt the theory from the wjec text book we have at school, and then wrote all my revision cards from my work book
    oh yeah i forgot i could use my school book too, i've just been using guides. thanks

ReputationRep:
    what would you say will be the case studies that will come up this year? because i was trying to work it out and i wasnt too sure although i think that Boscastle will come up as it did come up every other year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emsypol)
    what would you say will be the case studies that will come up this year? because i was trying to work it out and i wasnt too sure although i think that Boscastle will come up as it did come up every other year
    One of my teachers predicts that a case study about coastal landforms may appear and possibly something about a sustainably city, but I guess anything could crop up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bowkettle)
    One of my teachers predicts that a case study about coastal landforms may appear and possibly something about a sustainably city, but I guess anything could crop up.
    ah cool thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hello654321)

Those white revision guides are awful! There's no content in there whatsoever. I have been using a site called ace geography which has all of the content and is a much better way to revise!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.