Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Right, not that I intend miss lectures n all but... is there registers for lectures? Also are they recorded?

Thanks!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by harryc22)
    Right, not that I intend miss lectures n all but... is there registers for lectures? Also are they recorded?

Thanks!
    Hi harryc22,

I'm afraid I don't know if all courses do this, but I was registered for my lectures and seminars while studying the Business Management and Marketing course.

Again, I do believe it depends on the course, but my lecture's weren't recorded. The lecture slides were put on NOW (NTU's Online Workspace) just before a lecture, as a lot of students like to print the slides off to write notes.

I hope this helps, and let me know if you have any more questions!

Thanks,

Ellen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nottingham Trent University)
    Hi harryc22,

I'm afraid I don't know if all courses do this, but I was registered for my lectures and seminars while studying the Business Management and Marketing course.

Again, I do believe it depends on the course, but my lecture's weren't recorded. The lecture slides were put on NOW (NTU's Online Workspace) just before a lecture, as a lot of students like to print the slides off to write notes.

I hope this helps, and let me know if you have any more questions!

Thanks,

Ellen
    Thanks Ellen,

One question; what was the lecture timetable like for your course? Will be doing business man & finance & accounting and was wondering how many hours a day/week you're in.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Thanks Ellen,

One question; what was the lecture timetable like for your course? Will be doing business man & finance & accounting and was wondering how many hours a day/week you're in.
    Hi harryc22,

In first year, I did 6 modules all throughout the year, with 2 hours for each module per week (1 hour lecture, 1 hour seminar). So I was in uni for around 12 hours per week.

I hope that helps, and give me a shout if you have any more questions!

Thanks,

Ellen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nottingham Trent University)
    Hi harryc22,

In first year, I did 6 modules all throughout the year, with 2 hours for each module per week (1 hour lecture, 1 hour seminar). So I was in uni for around 12 hours per week.

I hope that helps, and give me a shout if you have any more questions!

Thanks,

Ellen
    Sorry just the one! How many days a week were you in and when you had lectures/seminars on the same day were they compacted or spread across the day?

Thanks again!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Sorry just the one! How many days a week were you in and when you had lectures/seminars on the same day were they compacted or spread across the day?

Thanks again!
    Hi harryc22,

Yes, just the one! So (unless this has changed since I was in first year) you should have 6 lectures and 6 seminars a week.

I was in university 4 out of 7 days (I have Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday off). If I remember correctly it was a mixture, some days they were close together (for example, one day I was in university from 4 pm - 6 pm) while other days it was really spread out. (I remember I had a horrible day where I was in something like 10-11 am, 2-3 pm, and 5-6 pm).

I hope this helps and let me know if you have any more questions!

Thanks,

Ellen

ReputationRep:

Thanks!
    The students union has been working with the different schools at the university to provide equipment for the lectures to be recorded (audio). At this time, there are only a few lectures being recorded but over the next year or so we will see audio recordings being available for the majority of lectures. However, it really does depend on whether the lecturer feels comfortable being recorded.

You can also ask the lecturer yourself whether you can record them with your own device e.g. phone or dictaphone, if these measures haven't been introduced when you start.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.