Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, is anyone thinking of applying to this?

https://lmhfoundationyear.com/

http://www.theguardian.com/education...taged-students

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking about it, but I've already got an offer from a pretty good university, so I really don't know...The opportunity to study at Oxford would be awesome though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndroidOS)
    I'm thinking about it, but I've already got an offer from a pretty good university, so I really don't know...The opportunity to study at Oxford would be awesome though.
    yeaaaaah me too! But you don't have to give up your offer at the other uni until you're accepted I suppose? Where are you thinking of going?

ReputationRep:
    I've accepted an offer at Durham to study Computer Science. Only thing is, the Mats and Stats course at Oxford looks awesome...I really don't know what to do, haha. :P

What about you?

ReputationRep:
    I've accepted an offer at Durham to study Computer Science. Only thing is, the Mats and Stats course at Oxford looks awesome...I really don't know what to do, haha. :P

What about you?
    I think the LMH foundation program is really brilliant, but if you’ve got a place at Durham is it really worth delaying your graduation for 2 years 1 year just for Oxford? Durham is a fantastic uni too!

Edit: didn’t realise that applications were open for starting in 2016 so that only delays things by 1 year. I’ll reverse course a bit - why not give it a go, but it’s definitely worth weighing up whether the extra year is worth it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KombatWombat)
    I think the LMH foundation program is really brilliant, but if you’ve got a place at Durham is it really worth delaying your graduation for 2 years 1 year just for Oxford? Durham is a fantastic uni too!

Edit: didn’t realise that applications were open for starting in 2016 so that only delays things by 1 year. I’ll reverse course a bit - why not give it a go, but it’s definitely worth weighing up whether the extra year is worth it.
    I know, I really don't know what to do. :P

ReputationRep:

What about you?
    I have a place for English which I'm really happy with but Oxford really intrigues me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KombatWombat)

Are you an undergrad at Oxford already?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Livetolearn)
    Are you an undergrad at Oxford already?
    Yeah - third year chemist

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard anything back yet?

ReputationRep:
    Can mature students apply?

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!

I'm on the foundation year now and it has been brilliant so far! I've started a discussion for 2017 applications for anyone to ask questions etc.

Here's the link for the discussion https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...rimary_content

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.