Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys this is my first thread post on here.

so ill start off by saying hey! ha.

anyway so yeah...ive only just started watching Outlander recently and ive binge watched up to the current episode in season 2.

does anyone else watch it? what are you true feelings and thoughts about the show?

Ive got to admit...i love it. The romance and the way of life in the 1700's appeals to me very much. If im being honest i wish i was born in that era. Where every day life hinged on honour and abiding by the old laws of the day. I dont know what it is but the show has drawn me in....not only as a Scottish guy, but as a hobbie historian. I will definitely brushing up on my jacobite history!

oh and theres loads of boobs and sex in it too lol
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    I have considered it. You arent finding it too romance/female orientated?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    I have considered it. You arent finding it too romance/female orientated?
    not atall...i think thats what helps to make the show what it is....i feel like the show is alot more than just romance though? although yes it is based around the main female character
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    I was intending to give it a try. I binge watch as well plys I watc all the historical dramas and this is the last one left. Ive only seen positive reviews about it especially as an adption of the book.

ReputationRep:
    I was intending to give it a try. I binge watch as well plys I watc all the historical dramas and this is the last one left. Ive only seen positive reviews about it especially as an adption of the book.
    give it a shot...you really wont regret it.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by MechEng90)
    give it a shot...you really wont regret it.
    I will do I probably have time to fit it in between Penny Dreadful and GOT.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I binge watched it last year this time, I have waited all year for season 2 but I'm not a fan, I saw the first episode and was like...

I'll probably get back into it in the summer, but oh my gosh I was obsessed last year!! SOOO obsessed! I even read the first book.

ReputationRep:
    1st season is amazing, keeps you extremely hooked!

I loved it!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys this is my first thread post on here.

so ill start off by saying hey! ha.

anyway so yeah...ive only just started watching Outlander recently and ive binge watched up to the current episode in season 2.

does anyone else watch it? what are you true feelings and thoughts about the show?

Ive got to admit...i love it. The romance and the way of life in the 1700's appeals to me very much. If im being honest i wish i was born in that era. Where every day life hinged on honour and abiding by the old laws of the day. I dont know what it is but the show has drawn me in....not only as a Scottish guy, but as a hobbie historian. I will definitely brushing up on my jacobite history!

oh and theres loads of boobs and sex in it too lol
    Oh my gosh how did you feel about episode 14 and 15, SO INTENSE!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    Oh my gosh how did you feel about episode 14 and 15, SO INTENSE!!
    too intense mrsholmes! i couldnt believe how much they were willing to show....especially the rape scenes with black jack playing to broken jamies love for his wife.....so creepy....i cant wait till jamie can get rid of randall! ha

ReputationRep:
    too intense mrsholmes! i couldnt believe how much they were willing to show....especially the rape scenes with black jack playing to broken jamies love for his wife.....so creepy....i cant wait till jamie can get rid of randall! ha
    And the nail in his hand! Oh my gosh it was so sad!

Such a good episode!

I didn't expect that from Black Jack randell, like i knew was crazy but not a perverted rapist.

ReputationRep:
    I thought this was going to be a Morrowind reference.
    You N'wah

ReputationRep:
    Watching it is a bit of a guilty secret as it goes a bit Mill and Boon at times, but really enjoyed it so far.

ReputationRep:
    I am an avid watcher of Outlander. It is such an amazing programme. Mystery, romance, sorcery and time travel. I also find that they tackle hard subjects brilliantly such as male rape and misscarriages. I can't wait for Sunday's since I can watch it on Amazon prime. I have watched it since the off.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know how I feel about the fact that we know the story ends back in the 1900's with her getting back with Frank.....sort of ruins it for me a little....

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 25, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.