Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Would they let you use of these on the a plane? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    Thanks

The "critical period of the flight" bit makes it sound very dangerous:mad: . Surely a few MP3 players or CD players cannot cause the plain to crash? Or is it just an absoloute safety measure? I.e way over the top?
    Not sure about the techinical stuff.

One reason for not useing them is so that if the crew need to tell you something, like "assume the crash position" you will actually hear them.

If something is going to go wrong it is probably going to be during take off or landing - hence seatbelts. If they need to evacuate they have to do it in something like 30 secs and they can do without someone saying "just let me save my high score"

ReputationRep:
    *flashback*
    "Please turn off all eletrical equipment, including mobile phones as it affects our navigational equipment. If you dont know how to turn off your mobile, find your nearest child." -Annoying when you are in the middle of a conversation on your mobile. But totally I can understand why they want you to turn off all your eletrical stuff, Id rather land safely than crash in the ocean.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    *flashback*
    "Please turn off all eletrical equipment, including mobile phones as it affects our navigational equipment. If you dont know how to turn off your mobile, find your nearest child." -Annoying when you are in the middle of a conversation on your mobile. But totally I can understand why they want you to turn off all your eletrical stuff, Id rather land safely than crash in the ocean.
    The thing is though that it no longer causes any intereference with the communication systems or anything else on a plane - my dads a pilot and he told me that they just do it cos they're scared if they did allow it in the furture that if there was a crash it could be used as a way to blame the airlines - so they just stop you for the sake of it.

ReputationRep:
    you should be fine, providing you don't use it during take off and landing.

anyway, the worst thing they can do is ask you to stop using it.

ReputationRep:
    Bloody Hell Stop Worrying About Such Minor Things!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    I have never been on a plane and I don't know how strict they are.

I have bought a PDA on ebay for £10, then an MP3 module for £3 and 64MB storage for £15, (I will sell this and then buy a 256mb module) so I have myself a very cheap word processor, games consule and MP3 player. I just wouldn't even I could take it on a plane or not. The problem is it can be used a communications device as it can connect to the internet if another one these things are connected a PC.

http://images.vnunet.com/v6_image/v6...g_cybiko02.jpg
    i dont think they would like it very much, but im sure you will get away with it if the aerial was well hidden.

neha
    xxxx

ReputationRep:
    You can carry it in your handluggage... just don't put any sharp things in- not even tweezers as they will confiscate them!- I always forget

I'd ask first but don't see it as too much of a problem- and I seem to spend my life in airports!
    Where you going?!- Anyway nice?

I tried to get into Thailand with a knife and scissors once, i forgot they were there - they were all very suspicious of me afterwards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    I tried to get into Thailand with a knife and scissors once, i forgot they were there - they were all very suspicious of me afterwards.
    Err, my mom got her Braun hair thingy, and the mini gas cannisters for it, confiscated! And they tried to confiscate her nail clippers recently!

ReputationRep:
    Here is the link posted earlier but specific here... http://www.britishairways.com/travel...t/public/en_us

And what is a "Christmas Cracker" anyways?!
    Also just make sure the thing doesn't try to connect to anything and you'll be fine I think.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.