Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So recently I've missed a couple days off school as my exams literally start next week. Since my school decided to not give us study leave i thought it was best to take matters to my own hands. Its helped me a lot revision wise but im worried that future schools and colleges wont accept me because of my attendance (27 overall absences) Do schools and colleges still accept **** punctuality but good grades?

Is there anyone else out there missing school for revision?👀

ReputationRep:
    Yes my school study leave starts next Monday- the day of my first exam so my parents spoke to my school and I have permission to miss days to revise at home. I don't think attendance even gets sent to your sixth form, if it does I'm sure they will understand if you let them know about your situation. Lots of people miss a lot of school anyway for unavoidable things so I doubt it matters

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blobfish)
    So recently I've missed a couple days off school as my exams literally start next week. Since my school decided to not give us study leave i thought it was best to take matters to my own hands. Its helped me a lot revision wise but im worried that future schools and colleges wont accept me because of my attendance (27 overall absences) Do schools and colleges still accept **** punctuality but good grades?

ME! :lol::lol:

Nah it wnt matter that much if ur grades are really good. I took today an yesterday off and my attendance is **** but id rather stay home and get alot of work done

ReputationRep:
    Once had a meeting with like 30 other students and the head of sixth form was questioning why we were all 'ill'

ReputationRep:
    I have to argue with my parents on a daily basis why im missing school, revision or not they want to send me back to school

ReputationRep:

Hey, yeah i'm not going into school the whole of this week because going to school I think is actually detrimental to my revision. I've tried to keep my attendance up all year so that I can miss these days off. You should be fine.

ReputationRep:

Me!! XDD School is too loud to even think never mind revise.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.