The Student Room Group

Did they charge me for my 1st year? I'm on a gap year though WTF?

I applied to x university last year and completed student finance.

I'm reapplying to that same x university again yet when I'm just
about to submit my application for student finance for my 1st year
from Sep 2016-Aug 2017 it says that this is my application from Sep 2015-July 2019 yet it should say instead Sep 2016-July 2019.

I double + triple checked that I clicked start a fresh student finance application from Sep 2016 but it keeps saying "Sep 2015-July 2019" :argh:

Also, I clicked on "my payments" and it says this money has been paid into my account but I haven't even enrolled into X university.

I'm not sure :wtf: is going on or what I should do for the 1st and 2nd dilemmas mentioned above on as I'm a bit :confused: regarding on what to do now. Any help would be appreciated!

I am going to call Student finance later on today just encase. :smile:

Note: No money has actually been put into my bank account since I didn't meet the grades for x university and didn't enroll. Should I worry/not worry about those payments being "approved" in the picture above? :erm: :dontknow:
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
I applied to x university last year and completed student finance.

I'm reapplying to that same x university again yet when I'm just
about to submit my application for student finance for my 1st year
from Sep 2016-Aug 2017 it says that this is my application from Sep 2015-July 2019 yet it should say instead Sep 2016-July 2019.

I double + triple checked that I clicked start a fresh student finance application from Sep 2016 but it keeps saying "Sep 2015-July 2019" :argh:

Also, I clicked on "my payments" and it says this money has been paid into my account but I haven't even enrolled into X university.

I'm not sure :wtf: is going on or what I should do for the 1st and 2nd dilemmas mentioned above on as I'm a bit :confused: regarding on what to do now. Any help would be appreciated!

I am going to call Student finance later on today just encase. :smile:

Note: No money has actually been put into my bank account since I didn't meet the grades for x university and didn't enroll. Should I worry/not worry about those payments being "approved" in the picture above? :erm: :dontknow:

Ring up SFE now - you need someone who can access your account to look into this for you
Original post by PQ
Ring up SFE now - you need someone who can access your account to look into this for you

I called them up and explained my scenario.

They said the payments haven't been taken through because your university
hasn't taken your attendance I.e you haven't registered as a student there.

Also, I asked them to delete that previous year application so that the only one
that is present is Sep 2016/2017, which would be my first year. :redface:

The deadline for submitting your application and all paper work to student finance
is 27th May correct? :erm:
Reply 3
Original post by XxKingSniprxX

The deadline for submitting your application and all paper work to student finance
is 27th May correct? :erm:

Not quite. That's the last date at which you can submit an application and have SF guarantee that your funding will definitely be in place for the start of the academic year.

You can apply any time up to nine months after the start of your course. However, the closer you are to the end of May, the more likely you are to get your money when you need it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending