Turn on thread page Beta

help over various unis and maths? :) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    Well as an entirely independent advisor, I'd say you have no choice than to apply to Clare College, Cambridge for Maths, Maths and More Maths (MMMM) Bsc.
    How did STEP go fishpaste?

ReputationRep:
    Well if you don't want the high cost of living in London then that may rule out Edinburgh too. I think we have the second highest cost of living in the UK, and whilst it really is quite a bit less than London (isn't everywhere?) it is still a pricey place to live. But on the other hand it is a fantastic city, a great university and we have the festival!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magicalsausage)
    Well if you don't want the high cost of living in London then that may rule out Edinburgh too. I think we have the second highest cost of living in the UK, and whilst it really is quite a bit less than London (isn't everywhere?) it is still a pricey place to live. But on the other hand it is a fantastic city, a great university and we have the festival!
    Hmm, I was always under the impression that Edinburgh was relatively cheap to live in; but saying that I don't know what I based this on - the rents seem to be on a par with London ones...but then again saying that I'll be going for self-catering and no en-suite so that might take it down quite a bit - hopefully. Maybe though the festival is reason enough for me to go hehe. Thank you

(Original post by innercitylife)
    Hmm, I was always under the impression that Edinburgh was relatively cheap to live in
    I too was under this impression....then I saw the suggested financial budget they sent me with the average cost of basic stuff!!! :eek: No matter how rich I become I simply refuse to pay more that £3 for one of the little bottles!!! I'm thinking I'm going to need my student discount CONSTANTLY!!! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leekey)
    I too was under this impression....then I saw the suggested financial budget they sent me with the average cost of basic stuff!!! :eek: No matter how rich I become I simply refuse to pay more that £3 for one of the little bottles!!! I'm thinking I'm going to need my student discount CONSTANTLY!!! :rolleyes:
    But then you can make a fair bit by playing the pipes abysmally and getting money out of American tourists!

ReputationRep:
    my sister is a hell of a lot better off living up north than i am down in exeter....shes paying the same rent on the royal mile as i am down in exeter in the heart of student land...on the outskirts of town. and exeter is hardly an expensive place!

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leekey)
    Which little bottles might those be? Now you've scared me :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    my sister is a hell of a lot better off living up north than i am down in exeter....shes paying the same rent on the royal mile as i am down in exeter in the heart of student land...on the outskirts of town. and exeter is hardly an expensive place!

love Katy ***
    Royal Mile is actually nowhere near as expensive as one would think. The fact is that Edinburgh is extremely expensive compared to almost everywhere apart from London.

ReputationRep:
    Royal Mile is actually nowhere near as expensive as one would think. The fact is that Edinburgh is extremely expensive compared to almost everywhere apart from London.
    agreed. i have family up there and more and more of them are choosing to move out of the city because they can get much nicer housing etc and commute

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    i choose to get 40-60%, you can choose to get 70+% if you want, but i didnt see the point?

love Katy ***
    Postgraduate studies? Placements? Awards?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2004
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.