Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am studying at the University of London International Programmes led by LSE and have got an average of 2.1 in my first and second years combined, and further units with scores that are above 70. I am a management student and was studying all through the year, it's been hard though, I have been blanking out since my mock papers and so unsure of clearing this year, I really really want a first or a 2.1 since I do strongly stand a chance. Do not know whether not clearing all modules and giving resits the next year, and scoring better, or just to give the exams and end up with a pass degree is a good choice. I don't know how it would affect my CV since I do have colleges like LSE on my mind and have been doing well for the first two years. I also interned full-time at a reputed FMCG firm for 9 months this year, along with studying, can that add to my credits if I do not clear all my modules and resit them? My Uni does allow resits. Looking for opinions since I am not too sure as to how LSE or Kings or the other good colleges would view this thing of giving two modules this year and the remaining in the next year. Is it better to pass all and get done with a low class degree? Or give a chance next year? Do they reject applicants who completed the degree late? Please reply!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    I think you have a few things to check with your uni first:
    Can you apply for extenuating circumstances and not sit your exams at all till the summer? If so how does this affect your grades?
    If you fail and resit does this affect your grade?

I'd pick the option that affects your grades the least. Only your final grades (whether original or from the resit) will appear on your transcript and your referee can comment on why (if that's the case) you finished your degree later than expected. Resits at my uni are over the summer so you don't end up finishing your degree late unless you're redoing the year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alleycat393)
    I think you have a few things to check with your uni first:
    Can you apply for extenuating circumstances and not sit your exams at all till the summer? If so how does this affect your grades?
    If you fail and resit does this affect your grade?

I'd pick the option that affects your grades the least. Only your final grades (whether original or from the resit) will appear on your transcript and your referee can comment on why (if that's the case) you finished your degree later than expected. Resits at my uni are over the summer so you don't end up finishing your degree late unless you're redoing the year.

Thank you so much for your response.

Clearing a year later would not affect my grades, that is one doubt I have cleared with the examination authorities, but I have asked to check whether the failed modules appear on the transcript. I do not think they do, but I want to confirm. I am also looking for an option that would affect my grades the least!

Resits here are in the summer too - so I have to wait for a year!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.