Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Water got in my phone -.- help! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Water got in my phone and the sound isnt working- no music no text alerts NOTHING however, it does work when i plug my earphones in.

I left it on the radiator and hope it drys out the water-think i will leave it there for the whole day (i could for real see the water on my screen)

does anyone know any remedies that has worked for them?
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by AthiaKarim)
    Water got in my phone and the sound isnt working- no music no text alerts NOTHING however, it does work when i plug my earphones in.

I left it on the radiator and hope it drys out the water-think i will leave it there for the whole day (i could for real see the water on my screen)

does anyone know any remedies that has worked for them?
    Take it off the radiator!!

Turn it off and leave it in a bowl of uncooked rice for a week. Worked a treat when I dropped my iPhone down the loo :eek: :eek:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    bowl of rice

ReputationRep:
    Bowl of rice?!
    :confused:

ReputationRep:
    TAKE IT OFF THE RADIATOR. It will evaporate the water and then condense and make it worse.

Uncooked rice is the way forward.

ReputationRep:
    Remove phone from radiator, this is the worst thing you can do. Immerse (bury) phone entirely in uncooked rice for 24 hours. Rice absorbs water naturally without damaging circuits. It works.

ReputationRep:
    Bowl of rice to absorb all that water!

ReputationRep:
    uncooked rice didn't work for me , i kept it on the table to dry for 3 days. just make sure you don't turn it on, it might get worse.

ReputationRep:
    Take it apart if you can, so the battery can dry out separately. If it's an iPhone, it might not work. If you have those silicon gel packs that sometimes come with food or shoes, stick those in there with the rice. They suck up water like crazy!

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE: I took it off the radiator and switched my phone on, the sound started working! The music and everything else.

However, I have this huge vertical line on the bottom of my screen (along with these smaller lines) what shall I do? Will it ever go away? :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ReeceM1)
    TAKE IT OFF THE RADIATOR. It will evaporate the water and then condense and make it worse.

Uncooked rice is the way forward.
    Fox Corner the radiator seemed to work though, the sound is back. I initially got some rice but my sister was like wtf are you doing it won't work put on the radiator

But I've noticed a vertical line on my screen now, is that because I left it on the radiator? Will it disappear?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for the help everyone!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.