Declaration Form before starting Medicine, help??

Watch
joshy123456
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Was sent a declaration form thing from occupational health or something and there were questions on mental health treatment etc. I don't know whether it would negatively impact upon me to declare that I have had treatment for anxiety as it asks or if they will say that I'm unfit to do the course. I have taken a course of tablets several times over the past year to help with the anxiety, does that count as a treatment?

What if i say no and they find out?

thanks
joshy123456
Rep:
?
can someone give some advice, would it be best to say yes or leave as no? thank you
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Say yes and give appropriate details. They won't kick you off the course just for anxiety, though they may want to meet you to discuss support and coping strategies.

Lying to them or deliberately withholding information could be much more serious (can be a Fitness to Practice issue).
MirrorOfErised
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Medical students get mental health problems as well. We're only human so don't worry.

They only want to know so they can give you the necessary support but they won't withdraw an offer because you have had anxiety.
joshy123456
Rep:
?
(Original post by Helenia)
Say yes and give appropriate details. They won't kick you off the course just for anxiety, though they may want to meet you to discuss support and coping strategies.

Lying to them or deliberately withholding information could be much more serious (can be a Fitness to Practice issue).
Do you think they would want to meet when my last course of treatment was about a year ago now?

you're right I will declare it, thanks
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by joshy123456)
Do you think they would want to meet when my last course of treatment was about a year ago now?

Don't know, but it's not a scary thing if they do!
InArduisFouette
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by joshy123456)

Absolutely no idea from the basis of the information given ( diagnosis, treatment plan, what meds you've been on, have you ever been admitted ? primary care vs under a psych

Helenia is spot on in her answers, but then again she usually is on such topics ( as are the other Health Professionals on TSR who post advice about occy health and FtP ) and she's still PRSOM from Me

Not making an honest delcaration Is an FtP issue and will result in your place being withdrawn
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (80)
27.03%
England (100)
33.78%
Belgium (26)
8.78%
Germany (37)
12.5%
Spain (5)
1.69%