The Student Room Group

Need some info so I don't get caught out!

I've been offered a new job, Yay!
However, on my CV, I exaggerated and said I worked at a previous position for two years rather than one, this isn't a problem in terms of the reference because my old boss is aware and will stand by me, HOWEVER, the new job wants P45s and P60s going back as far as 5 years which is where the worry comes in.

I worked for these guys Sep 2014-July 2015, I've said I worked for them from Feb 2013-July 2015, any ides what to do?
If I were to obtain the correct forms and change the dates/values if necessary, would it be likely to come back and bite me?

Thanks
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Trigger93

You can't change the forms!

You don't have any options - you chose to risk a lie in the application. If the company decide that the fact you had 2 years experience was a material influence on their decision to hire you, or they don't with to hire people who lie on their application, then they have the legal right to dismiss you without notice/benefits etc.

You're an idiot, but perhaps the HR person who completes the data handling for the income won't be the person who read your application and remembers the dates you lied about and you'll get away with it for now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending