The Student Room Group

NSH bursary/ Student finance help please!

Hello everyoneI need some help,I applied for my first year of university and my course is NHS funded. I received a bursary of £3000 and can only get a maintenance loan from student finance of £2500. I don't have enough for my for living off when I hopefully start university this year. (I will be living away from home and this doesnt cover my accomodation or basic living needs) Is there anything I can do or any recommendations on who to goo for to try and get help? Thanks
Original post by Blue_pearl
Hello everyoneI need some help,I applied for my first year of university and my course is NHS funded. I received a bursary of £3000 and can only get a maintenance loan from student finance of £2500. I don't have enough for my for living off when I hopefully start university this year. (I will be living away from home and this doesnt cover my accomodation or basic living needs) Is there anything I can do or any recommendations on who to goo for to try and get help? Thanks

Look into getting an overdraft, bank work and have a serious conversation with your family, as it seems the nhs has assessed that they should be contributing something towards your living costs. Also dont opt for halls, instead opt for a shared house as that can help save money.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending