Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

British taxpayers face £1.8BILLION bill to help Turkey join the EU Watch

ReputationRep:
    Tabloids

British taxpayers face £1.8BILLION bill to help Turkey join the EU TURKEY and a string of Balkan states will be given a £1.8BILLION boost from the British taxpayer to prepare them to join the European Union (EU), anti-Brussels campaigners have warned.

ReputationRep:
    Did you make this up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    Did you make this up?
    I for one really like the inclusion of a valid source.

ReputationRep:
    They're not going to help Turkey join the EU. The amount is not £1,8bn, It's nowhere near that amount. The only payment will be for Turkey to keep the refugees within Turkey and stop the flow of refugees to Europe. Most EU countries have now granted no-visa entries for Turkish citizens whereas the UK hasn't. So where the f- did you get this information from?

ReputationRep:
    NEW RULE: every time someone makes something up, their 'camp' loses 1% of the vote.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 68
Size:  90.9 KB Clearly, all you want to do is cause some debate and hatred towards these countries. I'm guessing this is a fake account made today solely for this purpose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaplinHat)
    Tabloids

British taxpayers face £1.8BILLION bill to help Turkey join the EU TURKEY and a string of Balkan states will be given a £1.8BILLION boost from the British taxpayer to prepare them to join the European Union (EU), anti-Brussels campaigners have warned.
    I do not want Turkey in the EU

ReputationRep:
    what about uk's militairy and financial support to israel? also a large number

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M14B)
    I do not want Turkey in the EU
    Why so?

ReputationRep:
    No thanks.
    Erdogan is a piece of ****

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KaminiZindagi)
    No thanks.
    Erdogan is a piece of ****

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Have you lived in Turkey? or Have you seen the alternatives to Erdogan? I'm not saying he's good but he's the best of the worst. HDP is a terrorist party, CHP has lost the plot, MHP has stopped nationalistic acts and now support AKP to an extent. So who comes instead of Erdogan? There's no other choice. Believe me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K2G)
    Have you lived in Turkey? or Have you seen the alternatives to Erdogan? I'm not saying he's good but he's the best of the worst. HDP is a terrorist party, CHP has lost the plot, MHP has stopped nationalistic acts and now support AKP to an extent. So who comes instead of Erdogan? There's no other choice. Believe me.
    Remove kebab is all we ask.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsphysics91)
    Remove kebab is all we ask.
    Ask for anything, not kebab. I will do whatever it is that you wish. Not removing kebab.
    No kebab = No kebab shops
    No Kebab shops = No drunk food + Less economical growth + employment will drop durastically.
    No Drunk food = Hungry drunks
    Hungry Drunks = F-d up city.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K2G)
    Ask for anything, not kebab. I will do whatever it is that you wish. Not removing kebab.
    No kebab = No kebab shops
    No Kebab shops = No drunk food + Less economical growth + employment will drop durastically.
    No Drunk food = Hungry drunks
    Hungry Drunks = F-d up city.
    But if we allow kebab then we get Rotherham all over and angry broken girls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsphysics91)
    But if we allow kebab then we get Rotherham all over and angry broken girls.
    I actually can't imagine what life without kebab would be. Please don't do this. It hurts me to even think about the possibility

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 10, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.