Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello, my University offers a 'Student Leadership Scholarship'.

To apply, I have to answer three questions:

1. How do you/will you qualify for the above Scholarship?

I'm not sure what to put for this?

2. What are your academic achievements?

I assume I'm meant to list my GCSEs here? (I haven't finished A-Levels yet, but will they want AS?) Anyone got anyother ideas of what to put here please let me know.

3. What contributions would you make to the University community?

Again, not sure what to put for this.

If anyone's got any advice that might help!

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    You need to think about why you think you're eligible for the scholarship. What things have you done, or what are you planning to do, which put you in a leadership role? What activities/groups have you led, or will you lead? What made you good at them? Why were you an effective leader? Have you inspired group members or peers? Have you provided an example of good behaviour, community spirit, good study habits etc? How would you plan to continue and expand these activities when you get to uni? How do you think your leadership skills will benefit the uni?

I would imagine that your academic achievements are probably your exam results to date. I'd include AS results.

ReputationRep:
    I could but my AS levels were really bad, do you think I have to put them?

ReputationRep:
    If you can't answer the 3 questions above, why do you think you deserve to get this scholarship?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cattleofra)
    If you can't answer the 3 questions above, why do you think you deserve to get this scholarship?
    Reaaly? All I want to do is make sure I don't make any mistakes with my scholarship application and suddenly people are assuming I can't answer the questions and don't deserve it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by similarBlank)
    Reaaly? All I want to do is make sure I don't make any mistakes with my scholarship application and suddenly people are assuming I can't answer the questions and don't deserve it.
    Hopefully my post above was helpful? I didn't intend it as any kind of negative comment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klix88)
    Hopefully my post above was helpful? I didn't intend it as any kind of negative comment.
    Oh, yes, it was, I was referring to cattleofra.

Thanks for your help, but I'm retaking atleast one AS and that, as well as the fact I (obviously by the fact I'm retaking) did terribly in them, makes me think maybe I shouldn't tell them? Or do you think it'd still be better to say it even though they might not be final and aren't good?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got anymore advice?

ReputationRep:
    About to send this today. Anyone got any last minute advice?

ReputationRep:
    Make sure that you actually fulfil the criteria for applying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klix88)
    You need to think about why you think you're eligible for the scholarship. What things have you done, or what are you planning to do, which put you in a leadership role? What activities/groups have you led, or will you lead? What made you good at them? Why were you an effective leader? Have you inspired group members or peers? Have you provided an example of good behaviour, community spirit, good study habits etc? How would you plan to continue and expand these activities when you get to uni? How do you think your leadership skills will benefit the uni?

I would imagine that your academic achievements are probably your exam results to date. I'd include AS results.
    Sorry to bother you once again but how many words do you think it should be? The University website shows no guidlines but I've done 317 in answer for the first question so far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by similarBlank)
    Sorry to bother you once again but how many words do you think it should be? The University website shows no guidlines but I've done 317 in answer for the first question so far.
    There's no way to know how many words would be appropriate. You need to contact the uni and ask.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.