Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know of the predictions for higher history ????
    For Britain topic
    USA
    migration and empire

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=nicola98;64704633]Anyone know of the predictions for higher history ????
    For Britain topic
    USA
    migration and empire

Personally I do quite different topics from you. However the essays I believe will come up for mine are

British: "To what extent did women achieve the right to vote due to the militant actions of the suffragettes"

German: will be Obstacles to Germany Unification

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Shane7;64769491]
    (Original post by nicola98)
    Anyone know of the predictions for higher history ????
    For Britain topic
    USA
    migration and empire

Personally I do quite different topics from you. However the essays I believe will come up for mine are

British: "To what extent did women achieve the right to vote due to the militant actions of the suffragettes"

German: will be Obstacles to Germany Unification
    How many essays are you learning
    Are you only learning one Britain essay and hoping it comes up

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=nicola98;64945371]
    (Original post by Shane7)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I really wouldn't recommend doing that

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=nicola98;64945371]

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I would recommend this method if you are either a very lucky person OR if you want to get a No Award lol.

So far I have learnt 7 essays out of 8. In my personal view you should know at the minimum 6 essays. Definitely do not go into the exam knowing only 2 essays try your best to know 6 essays. Therefore if the two essays show up that you do not know you atleast have choice therefore you can pick another question. The way I've learnt is that essays are teamed up for example:

If votes for women shows up then rise of the nazis will and so on.

How many essays do you know so far?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Shane7;64950847]
    (Original post by nicola98)

I would recommend this method if you are either a very lucky person OR if you want to get a No Award lol.

So far I have learnt 7 essays out of 8. In my personal view you should know at the minimum 6 essays. Definitely do not go into the exam knowing only 2 essays try your best to know 6 essays. Therefore if the two essays show up that you do not know you atleast have choice therefore you can pick another question. The way I've learnt is that essays are teamed up for example:

If votes for women shows up then rise of the nazis will and so on.

How many essays do you know so far?
    5 essays

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=nicola98;64952627]

5 essays

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's not bad, but I'd recommend you learn one or two more just to be safe and then focus on your source questions.

Good luck tomorrow, I hope you do well.

ReputationRep:
    I'm predicting issue numbers 1 5 and 6
    This is because in the past 3 years of papers issues 2,3 and 4 have come up twice, and the other three have each only come up once
    I'm more sure though that issue 3 will not come up because it has the past 2 years

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maddy250714)
    I'm predicting issue numbers 1 5 and 6
    This is because in the past 3 years of papers issues 2,3 and 4 have come up twice, and the other three have each only come up once
    I'm more sure though that issue 3 will not come up because it has the past 2 years
    What is issue three like what's the essay

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone done their prelim for this yet??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by djac99)
    yeah last year

ReputationRep:
    yeah last year
    I meant this school year

ReputationRep:
    I meant this school year
    prelims are set by your own school they aren't universal

ReputationRep:
    prelims are set by your own school they aren't universal
    Yes so im asking has anyone done their history prelim this school year?

ReputationRep:
    Yes so im asking has anyone done their history prelim this school year?
    why does it matter specifically this year

ReputationRep:
    cause I am curious whether anyone has had it yet

ReputationRep:
    Anyone what the predicted topics are for the essay exam this year?
    So far I have learned 3 essays, Growth of nationalism in Germany 1815-1850, Why were the Liberal reforms introduced and how important was Bismarck's leadership.

ReputationRep:
    Had mine yesterday- it went pretty well but I'd learned two of the British essays particularly well and neither of them came up. Ended up doing the America essay first, then the source questions and did a Labour essay on the 5 giants last (but I only had time to write 4 analysis paragraphs, missing out the one on want).

Did you have yours? If you did, how did it go?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RockGirl19)
    Had mine yesterday- it went pretty well but I'd learned two of the British essays particularly well and neither of them came up. Ended up doing the America essay first, then the source questions and did a Labour essay on the 5 giants last (but I only had time to write 4 analysis paragraphs, missing out the one on want).

Did you have yours? If you did, how did it go?
    Yeah I had mine on Wednesday. It went okay i think em did the two essays first, was Britain a decomcray in 1885 i think the Britain question and for the European and World i did the nazi acheiving power essay question. Wasn't too bad but I write quite slow so it was rushed and I think I missed some key points

ReputationRep:
    Can someone explain how to do Evaluation? Every time i have got Evaluation marks on an essay it is essentially just tying a factor into a whole new KU and Analysis point, so its a lot of work just for 1 mark but i'm determined it must not be that hard.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.