Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I firmed my offer from Sheffield Hallam for sport science with conditions of 320 UCAS points which translates to DDM on my btec course, I am however going to be getting DMM which is 280 UCAS points, this is due to missing some distinctions in the first year and not doing so great last year. Should I be looking at going elsewhere? A lot of the people I've spoken to have told me that universities can still accept you if you don't meet conditions depending on course popularity and how much you've missed the condition by. Is there anyone on here that knows anything about how popular the sports and excercise course is and if there's much chance in me still getting an offer for 280 UCAS points? Anyone had a similar experience?
    Thanks
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by fourfishfingers)
    I firmed my offer from Sheffield Hallam for sport science with conditions of 320 UCAS points which translates to DDM on my btec course, I am however going to be getting DMM which is 280 UCAS points, this is due to missing some distinctions in the first year and not doing so great last year. Should I be looking at going elsewhere? A lot of the people I've spoken to have told me that universities can still accept you if you don't meet conditions depending on course popularity and how much you've missed the condition by. Is there anyone on here that knows anything about how popular the sports and excercise course is and if there's much chance in me still getting an offer for 280 UCAS points? Anyone had a similar experience?
    Thanks
    Hey fourfishfingers (your name is making us hungry for fish finger sandwiches)

The best advice we can give you is to hold tight until you receive your grades. The course leaders may decide to hold your offer, even if you receive lower grades. You just won't know until results day.

We know the wait is painful, we've been through it and I was in the same situation as you. If you get your grades and haven't made it into Hallam, consider your insurance choice. If you don't want to go to your insurance uni, you may want to find a place on another course via clearing. There are options and your teachers, our admissions team and UCAS will be there to support you.

If you've got any more questions, give us a shout

Laura & Hannah
    (Official Hallam reps)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.