Perfection Ace
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
"Compounds formed from metals and non-metals consist of ions. Compounds formed from non-metals consist of molecules." <---- I don't understand? Ions and molecules? They both involve electrons? So why do they consist of 'molecules' and 'ions' if they give/take/share electrons? Please some make this clear for me !! Thanks!!
Mayhem™
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
molecules are when atoms share electrons via covalent bonding

ions are formed when they give or take electrons via ionic bonding, it is also important to note that they have a positive or negative charge
Perfection Ace
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Mayhem™)
molecules are when atoms share electrons via covalent bonding

ions are formed when they give or take electrons via ionic bonding, it is also important to note that they have a positive or negative charge
Ok so, when 2 atoms share electrons - IT TURNS INTO A MOLECULE and when 2 atoms give/take electrons - IT TURNS INTO AN ION?
Mayhem™
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Perfection Ace)
Ok so, when 2 atoms share electrons - IT TURNS INTO A MOLECULE and when 2 atoms give/take electrons - IT TURNS INTO AN ION?
yes
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (8)
10.13%
Okay (25)
31.65%
A bit lacking (22)
27.85%
Not good at all (24)
30.38%

Watched Threads