Contract Law - what's the difference between past and executed consideration?

Watch
username2488767
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I still can't get my head around the difference. To me, they're both the same. They both invlive something that's already happened... Can anyone give me examples for what the difference is please?
coder9413
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
executory contract :

e.g. "If you deliver the milk to me tomorrow, I will pay you $xxxx"

executed contract : e.g. Buying of newspaper. e.g. contract formed when parties finishes their part of providing consideration ( fetching of the newspaper and $).

Past consideration: contract formed, one party later give a new promise regarding the contract. e.g. Roscorla v Thomas -- transaction of horse completed, later the seller promised that the horse was sound and free from vice.

For Past consideration, A promise has not even been "determined"/ or existed when the contract is formed.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (113)
40.65%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (29)
10.43%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (21)
7.55%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (64)
23.02%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (32)
11.51%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
6.83%

Watched Threads