Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have a crush on this guy online and i really like him and we flirt and stuff. We've been talking for some months now and I feel like he likes me back but yesterday, I saw that he was flirting with some other girl online and that girl was flirting back.

They keep private messaging each other (we all post on another forum) and that makes me so sad

They live in the same state but I'm pretty sure that they'll never meet in person IRL. It bothers me that they talk in private all the time though. I'm afraid that he might grow attached to her.

I know this is lame, pathetic, beyond silly but so, why does it hurt?

ReputationRep:
    Well you aren't dating so there's no point in feeling sad about it.

If you don't think he'll ever meet her IRL, what makes you think you will?

ReputationRep:
    It hurts because you like him.

ReputationRep:
    BUMP

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so the best advice I can offer is try and get over him.
    I know that's really harsh, trust me, I know, but if he is flirting with this other girl and he does definitely like you, then what about when you get in a relationship!? If he behaves like this now then he is a player, and that's not something you really want to get into.
    As hard as this is, don't expect to get over him that easily, it will take time, which is not what you want to hear, and it might hurt, but realistically, if he is flirting with someone else and if it has bothered you enough to post on a forum about it, then it means that you probably can't stop thinking about it and it's not something you should waste your time on. There are better things for you to do than get caught up on a guy who flirts with others whilst you are there, and you might hate me for saying this, but realistically, its the best solution I can offer.
    I'm really sorry about the awkward situation you're in, but I hope this helps, or at least gives you something else to rage about

ReputationRep:
    Shouldn't this be in relationships?

ReputationRep:
    Also, it is bound to hurt, you've developed a relationship and now he has, in the most basic sense of what this could be seen as, betrayed you. Just try and do something for you to take your mind off of things, and in the reality of life, just think about whether it will really affect you in 10, 20, 30 years, or if you even remember it. The chances are you won't or you'll be having a joke about it with some friends, either way, its probably not going to impact you majorly in the future.

ReputationRep:
    He likes you........black?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eralia)
    I have a crush on this guy online and i really like him and we flirt and stuff. We've been talking for some months now and I feel like he likes me black but yesterday, I saw that he was flirting with some other girl online and that girl was flirting back.

They keep private messaging each other (we all post on another forum) and that makes me so sad

They live in the same state but I'm pretty sure that they'll never meet in person IRL. It bothers me that they talk in private all the time though. I'm afraid that he might grow attached to her.

I know this is lame, pathetic, beyond silly but so, why does it hurt?
    If they live in the same state there is a chance they could meet are they both from America and do you live in the uk? If so this girl has more chance of seeing him than you will.
    Its easy to say nice things online but who knows you might not have those feelings for him in rl.
    It hurts because he is giving someone else but you attention and saying all the nice stuff to her instead.

ReputationRep:
    I have a crush on this guy online and i really like him and we flirt and stuff. We've been talking for some months now and I feel like he likes me back but yesterday,
    I saw that he was flirting with some other girl online and that girl was flirting back.
    http://www.groovymachine.com/myspace...ages/playa.gif

https://media3.giphy.com/media/8ZYkX7GBLURDG/200_s.gif

ReputationRep:
    I am 12. what is this?

ReputationRep:
    that's what a crush means mate...it's in the word...CRUSHH

ReputationRep:
    Jealous

ReputationRep:
    Ok I can honestly say..Been here done this. I got involved with a guy online and he also flirted with several other women. He and I met and began dating. I moved to his state (about 800 miles from my home and family). We ended up pregnant and engaged within a few months and separated within a year and me moving back to my home state within 5 years. I had to save money to move home. The time I was in the state with him was miserable. He played me like a yo-yo. He had left me for one of the other girls he had continued to flirt with while we were together.

I warn you to be careful starting online relationships and meeting them IRL. Especially if he is flirting with other women.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    he's defo a catfish trying to reel in as many women as he can

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 10, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.