Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    Hi, i'm currently in the process of applying for University again after the first time didn't work out. I attended my first university for 2 years but left due to some personal issues and I feel like I'm ready to return, to a different university and doing a different course.

    Unfortunately because I have already used 2 years of funding, SFE will only pay for the 2nd and 3rd year of tuition fees. Does anybody know of any alternatives? My last resort would be to take out a loan but I'd like to see if there are any other options first. Cheers!
    • TSR Support Team

    TSR Support Team
    Exactly what were the personal issues that led you to dropping out? It might be relevant. Student Finance sometimes award people an additional bonus year of funding if they left university due to 'compelling personal reasons'. If you don't fall into the CPR category then you will ned to find a way to pay for the first year yourself.
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.