Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I really want an a *(AQA)
    If i got 26 for both speaking and for both reading, what do I need from reading and listening papers. I cant find the mark scheme.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mindfucsab)
    If i got 26 for both speaking and for both reading, what do I need from reading and listening papers. I cant find the mark scheme.
    I'll try and work this out for you now. Give me a few minutes

ReputationRep:
    The whole course is out of 300 UMS. You need 270 UMS for an A*
    If you 26 for both speaking then you will have 52/60. This is equal to 76 UMS
    For writing you'll have 72 UMS
    76 + 72 = 148
    270 - 148 = 122
    You will need 122 UMS from the reading and listening combined to get an A*
    (going off of last years grade boundaries)

ReputationRep:
    So if you got 26 in both writing tasks and both speaking tasks:

Speaking: 76UMS (A)
    Writing: 72UMS (A- just)

To get an A* you need 270UMS which means you need 122 UMS from the listening and reading.
    To add to what luciie has written above, the max UMS is 60 on the papers, that's impossible to get an A*

But don't worry, speaking could get moderated and we don't know the writing for certain as that's marked externally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gregan)
    So if you got 26 in both writing tasks and both speaking tasks:

Speaking: 76UMS (A)
    Writing: 72UMS (A- just)

To get an A* you need 270UMS which means you need 122 UMS from the listening and reading.
    To add to what luciie has written above, the max UMS is 60 on the papers, that's impossible to get an A*

But don't worry, speaking could get moderated and we don't know the writing for certain as that's marked externally.
    I mis tryped, i meant to say if both writing was 27 and speaking was 27, sorry i cant find the form

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luciie)
    The whole course is out of 300 UMS. You need 270 UMS for an A*
    If you 26 for both speaking then you will have 52/60. This is equal to 76 UMS
    For writing you'll have 72 UMS
    76 + 72 = 148
    270 - 148 = 122
    You will need 122 UMS from the reading and listening combined to get an A*
    (going off of last years grade boundaries)
    Sory i mistyped, i meant 27

ReputationRep:
    I mis tryped, i meant to say if both writing was 27 and speaking was 27, sorry i cant find the form
    Right in that case:

Speaking: 79UMS
    Writing: 77UMS

79+77 = 156UMS

270-156 = 114UMS needed in exam to get A*

Meaning you need 57UMS in each reading and listening

To be on the safe side aim for 32/40 raw marks in listening, and 33/40 raw marks in reading.

ReputationRep:
    I got 25 and 22 twice for my controlled assessment am I still able to get an A

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
    Discussions on TSR

• Latest
  • Personalise

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.