Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

... as I don't think I'll be able to do my exams without seeing her beforehand, but she cancelled my appointment with her and it feels like I'm just wasting her time. What do I do? :argh::argh::ashamed::ashamed2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    ... as I don't think I'll be able to do my exams without seeing her beforehand, but she cancelled my appointment with her and it feels like I'm just wasting her time. What do I do? :argh::argh::ashamed::ashamed2:
    I can assure you that you won't be wasting anybody's time. No one wants you to have a mental breakdown and flunk your exams!

Have you got a school councilor who you could go see? If not, what about any friends who you could share your exam anxieties with? I always found that talking about how screwed I was for exams with my friends made me feel better hahaha.

(Original post by markreed)
    I can assure you that you won't be wasting anybody's time. No one wants you to have a mental breakdown and flunk your exams!

Have you got a school councilor who you could go see? If not, what about any friends who you could share your exam anxieties with? I always found that talking about how screwed I was for exams with my friends made me feel better hahaha.
    I was supposed to be referred to the college mentors but it never came through and I feel so stuck right now. I don't want to burden my friends with all my stuff, they have enough going on.

ReputationRep:
    No no go to a doctor -even if its not her! My mental health got in the way when I had to do a retake last year, and it really ruined me, so I went to the doctor a couple of days before my exam and got a prescription and he wrote a letter to uni explaining my situation (even though it cost me a bomb), but I may have not passed without it depressingly... now I'm on my year abroad and it costs so much for meds that I can't do anything so itll be an interesting thing to explain to my doctor when im back home hahah! but you'll be glad you've done it It might not help you to recover over night, but you'll be able to request a letter for your exam boards. It'll help, I promise. I wish I'd done it through my GCSEs

(Original post by anna__)
    No no go to a doctor -even if its not her! My mental health got in the way when I had to do a retake last year, and it really ruined me, so I went to the doctor a couple of days before my exam and got a prescription and he wrote a letter to uni explaining my situation (even though it cost me a bomb), but I may have not passed without it depressingly... now I'm on my year abroad and it costs so much for meds that I can't do anything so itll be an interesting thing to explain to my doctor when im back home hahah! but you'll be glad you've done it It might not help you to recover over night, but you'll be able to request a letter for your exam boards. It'll help, I promise. I wish I'd done it through my GCSEs
    I would do that but it's just the hassle of getting it past my parents somehow. I am so stuck. I know this is going to affect my exam performance but I don't want to be seen as attention seeking but the exams are giving me such bad anxiety and I can't fudge them up or I'm screwed for uni.

ReputationRep:
    I would do that but it's just the hassle of getting it past my parents somehow. I am so stuck. I know this is going to affect my exam performance but I don't want to be seen as attention seeking but the exams are giving me such bad anxiety and I can't fudge them up or I'm screwed for uni.
    I haven't told my parents that I've been on antidepressants, don't worry its a bit awkward when you see a doctor your parents know, or you know the pharmacist serving you, but they can't tell your parents because it's all confidential You can see any doctor you want. You just can't change practises very easily without your whole family changing.

Also idk what its like now, but when I did my a levels most people got into uni with lower grades than their offers hope that helps!

(Original post by anna__)
    I haven't told my parents that I've been on antidepressants, don't worry its a bit awkward when you see a doctor your parents know, or you know the pharmacist serving you, but they can't tell your parents because it's all confidential You can see any doctor you want. You just can't change practises very easily without your whole family changing.

Also idk what its like now, but when I did my a levels most people got into uni with lower grades than their offers hope that helps!
    They don't know i'm on antidepressants but its just nothing is very private in the house with letters and things so I'm scared with those coming.

I hope i can get in with lower grades although I'm not aiming for them I know how my anxiety is.

ReputationRep:
    They don't know i'm on antidepressants but its just nothing is very private in the house with letters and things so I'm scared with those coming.

I hope i can get in with lower grades although I'm not aiming for them I know how my anxiety is.
    The doctor won't send letters to your house - you can request them not to I'm sure

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 11, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.