The Student Room Group

I really need to see my doctor...

... as I don't think I'll be able to do my exams without seeing her beforehand, but she cancelled my appointment with her and it feels like I'm just wasting her time. What do I do? :argh::argh::ashamed::ashamed2:
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
... as I don't think I'll be able to do my exams without seeing her beforehand, but she cancelled my appointment with her and it feels like I'm just wasting her time. What do I do? :argh::argh::ashamed::ashamed2:

I can assure you that you won't be wasting anybody's time. No one wants you to have a mental breakdown and flunk your exams!

Have you got a school councilor who you could go see? If not, what about any friends who you could share your exam anxieties with? I always found that talking about how screwed I was for exams with my friends made me feel better hahaha.
Reply 2
Original post by markreed
I can assure you that you won't be wasting anybody's time. No one wants you to have a mental breakdown and flunk your exams!

Have you got a school councilor who you could go see? If not, what about any friends who you could share your exam anxieties with? I always found that talking about how screwed I was for exams with my friends made me feel better hahaha.

I was supposed to be referred to the college mentors but it never came through and I feel so stuck right now. I don't want to burden my friends with all my stuff, they have enough going on.
Reply 3

No no go to a doctor -even if its not her! My mental health got in the way when I had to do a retake last year, and it really ruined me, so I went to the doctor a couple of days before my exam and got a prescription and he wrote a letter to uni explaining my situation (even though it cost me a bomb), but I may have not passed without it depressingly... now I'm on my year abroad and it costs so much for meds that I can't do anything :frown: so itll be an interesting thing to explain to my doctor when im back home hahah! but you'll be glad you've done it :smile: It might not help you to recover over night, but you'll be able to request a letter for your exam boards. It'll help, I promise. I wish I'd done it through my GCSEs :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by anna__
No no go to a doctor -even if its not her! My mental health got in the way when I had to do a retake last year, and it really ruined me, so I went to the doctor a couple of days before my exam and got a prescription and he wrote a letter to uni explaining my situation (even though it cost me a bomb), but I may have not passed without it depressingly... now I'm on my year abroad and it costs so much for meds that I can't do anything :frown: so itll be an interesting thing to explain to my doctor when im back home hahah! but you'll be glad you've done it :smile: It might not help you to recover over night, but you'll be able to request a letter for your exam boards. It'll help, I promise. I wish I'd done it through my GCSEs :smile:

I would do that but it's just the hassle of getting it past my parents somehow. I am so stuck. I know this is going to affect my exam performance but I don't want to be seen as attention seeking but the exams are giving me such bad anxiety and I can't fudge them up or I'm screwed for uni.
Reply 5
I would do that but it's just the hassle of getting it past my parents somehow. I am so stuck. I know this is going to affect my exam performance but I don't want to be seen as attention seeking but the exams are giving me such bad anxiety and I can't fudge them up or I'm screwed for uni.

I haven't told my parents that I've been on antidepressants, don't worry :smile: its a bit awkward when you see a doctor your parents know, or you know the pharmacist serving you, but they can't tell your parents because it's all confidential :smile: You can see any doctor you want. You just can't change practises very easily without your whole family changing.

Also idk what its like now, but when I did my a levels most people got into uni with lower grades than their offers :smile: hope that helps!
Reply 6
Original post by anna__
I haven't told my parents that I've been on antidepressants, don't worry :smile: its a bit awkward when you see a doctor your parents know, or you know the pharmacist serving you, but they can't tell your parents because it's all confidential :smile: You can see any doctor you want. You just can't change practises very easily without your whole family changing.

Also idk what its like now, but when I did my a levels most people got into uni with lower grades than their offers :smile: hope that helps!

They don't know i'm on antidepressants but its just nothing is very private in the house with letters and things so I'm scared with those coming.

I hope i can get in with lower grades although I'm not aiming for them I know how my anxiety is.
Reply 7
They don't know i'm on antidepressants but its just nothing is very private in the house with letters and things so I'm scared with those coming.

I hope i can get in with lower grades although I'm not aiming for them I know how my anxiety is.

The doctor won't send letters to your house - you can request them not to I'm sure :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest