Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently taking the following in my first year of college.

BTEC Level 3 Diploma in IT
    A/AS level Computing
    A/AS Level Electronics

After looking at uni websites it seems like no matter what grades I get in these subjects no good university will give me an offer without maths. Are there exceptions or ways around this or will I have to reconsider my options?

Thanks for any help.

ReputationRep:
    There are lots - try Nottingham University, I believe they don't require A-level Maths.

ReputationRep:
    Would two BTEC distinction stars and an A count as AAA?

ReputationRep:
    D*D* = A*A*
    D*D=A*A
    DD = AA
    DM=AC
    And so on...

There are loads of good universities that do not require maths, i assume you are looking to do Computer Science?

Peolple from my BTEC class got into: Southampton, Manchester, Surrey, Bath, Royal Holloway, Cardiff, Kings College London and some others i cant remember, southampton and manchester required Maths for CompSci but not IT. This also applies to UCL they dont require maths for their IT degree, however i would still recommend doing Computer Science

I am in my second year at Royal Holloway atm (ranked 19th overall, Times HE) and they require Distinction/Distinction + B to study Computer Science where the diploma is in IT and/or the A level is in either Maths, Physics or Computing - maybe have a look?

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    If you have a particular University in mind, then I highly suggest you contact them immediately to find out if they would accept you in the relevant course with your A-level choices. Many Unis may state that they want Maths at Alevels, but it is more desired then essential.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.