The Student Room Group

Edexcel French

Hey guys!
I am revising for my french reading and listening exam which is next Tuesday. I need to scrape an A* for both reading and listening to get an A* overall. I have done quite a lot of past papers and I am on a borderline A/A* (sometimes I get nearly full marks).

I was wondering how can I revise to ensure that I get a solid A* in the exam so like a mid A* in reading and listening. Are there any websites that help with vocabulary, grammar and any other things we are meant to know for the exam?

Thank you!
Reply 1
Original post by DamnDaniel2
Hey guys!
I am revising for my french reading and listening exam which is next Tuesday. I need to scrape an A* for both reading and listening to get an A* overall. I have done quite a lot of past papers and I am on a borderline A/A* (sometimes I get nearly full marks).

I was wondering how can I revise to ensure that I get a solid A* in the exam so like a mid A* in reading and listening. Are there any websites that help with vocabulary, grammar and any other things we are meant to know for the exam?

Thank you!

I m doing the same exam :smile:
there is a vocab pack that you can get from the edexcel website- use that. My teacher also advised us to do as many past papers as possible from all different exam boards, as this makes you familiar with everything.
Original post by Abby_7
I m doing the same exam :smile:
there is a vocab pack that you can get from the edexcel website- use that. My teacher also advised us to do as many past papers as possible from all different exam boards, as this makes you familiar with everything.

Is the booklet called 'core vocabulary lists' because I have a booklet of all the vocabulary but I sometimes find myself with a word that I know isn't in the booklet!

Have you got a link to the edexcel booklet so that I can check I have got the same one?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by DamnDaniel2
Is the booklet called 'core vocabulary lists' because I have a booklet of all the vocabulary but I sometimes find myself with a word that I know isn't in the booklet!

Have you got a link to the edexcel booklet so that I can check I have got the same one?Posted from TSR Mobile

No. sorry, no link ... try and search high frequency vocab..
How are you all revising? I'm exactly the same: need to get A*s in both to get A* overall. But I've honestly given up, I literally don't know where to start revising, like there's so much vocab, how do I know which ones to learn and how do I even digest that many in a week?! God I hate French.
For french exams, my teacher says to use grammar techniques to identify the words or what the word could mean. For example if it says l'ecole est fatigant, you could work out the structure of the words. Also, he said it is very key in knowing you're vocab. My older sister used to sit down with her textbook glossary and i would test her for 2 hours straight a few times a week until she was getting it, each alphabet at a time.
Lets put in as much effort into revision now, because when those results come back to you, the worst thing to be feeling is regret for not giving it your all. You all seem like very hard working people so i wish you all good luck with the exams and your revision!
Original post by SamuraiSami
For french exams, my teacher says to use grammar techniques to identify the words or what the word could mean. For example if it says l'ecole est fatigant, you could work out the structure of the words. Also, he said it is very key in knowing you're vocab. My older sister used to sit down with her textbook glossary and i would test her for 2 hours straight a few times a week until she was getting it, each alphabet at a time.

^^^key to success y'all. You've actually motivated me to fit in some vocab revision even though I'd honestly rather die thxx
Hahaha lol, don't worry if you die i will rewind back in time and help you keep motivated to learn xxxx
#DJKhaled- follow me to the pathway of success!!
ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Quick Reply