Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing WJEC French GCSE and I was wondering what topics I'll need to cover and memorise. I know the usual such as Weather and Environment, but I'm not entirely sure on others and I obviously don't want to revise the incorrect topics. Thank you for any feedback given!
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by twhiddy)
    I'm doing WJEC French GCSE and I was wondering what topics I'll need to cover and memorise. I know the usual such as Weather and Environment, but I'm not entirely sure on others and I obviously don't want to revise the incorrect topics. Thank you for any feedback given!
    Hiya! I moved this to the Foreign Languages forum for you - you're more likely to get a good answer here

rileystringer1
    Maybe you could help ? :3

ReputationRep:
    If you're doing the standard GCSE i.e. if you're in Year 11, you need to have a knowledge of the following tipics:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Personal and social life
    Self, family, friends, home life, shopping, meals, healthy living, illness and accident,free time, fashion, relationships, future plans.

Local community
    Home town, school, education, local environment, pollution, recycling, local facilities,comparisons with other towns and regions, weather and seasons.

The world of work
    Work experience, part-time jobs, future careers, technology (sending messages,accessing information).

The wider world
    Travel and holidays, media, social issues (e,g, life of young people today,homelessness, crime, drugs, healthy living, religion, politics),life in the countries and communities where the language is spoken.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    yeah i take gcse wjec french too and Riley covered all of it. i got my exam on tuesday :3 pretty much ready but the listening can be difficult towards the end

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rileystringer1)
    If you're doing the standard GCSE i.e. if you're in Year 11, you need to have a knowledge of the following tipics:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Personal and social life
    Self, family, friends, home life, shopping, meals, healthy living, illness and accident,free time, fashion, relationships, future plans.

Local community
    Home town, school, education, local environment, pollution, recycling, local facilities,comparisons with other towns and regions, weather and seasons.

The world of work
    Work experience, part-time jobs, future careers, technology (sending messages,accessing information).

The wider world
    Travel and holidays, media, social issues (e,g, life of young people today,homelessness, crime, drugs, healthy living, religion, politics),life in the countries and communities where the language is spoken.
    Thank you!! This is a really big help, I appreciate it x

(Original post by FrenchUnicorn)
    rileystringer1
    Maybe you could help ? :3
    Thanks for getting the help that I needed!! x

(Original post by ihatePE)
    yeah i take gcse wjec french too and Riley covered all of it. i got my exam on tuesday :3 pretty much ready but the listening can be difficult towards the end
    Mine's Tuesday too! Yeah, listening is definitely my weaker side. Reading is my best out of both, they speak so quickly don't they? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    Thank you!! This is a really big help, I appreciate it x

Good luck.. GCSE is really easy, WJEC A Level French is something else

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know where the hell to find the wjec listening soundtrack? we've done loads in class but just want one quick burst before my exam tomorrow, but cant find a mp3 anywhere!!!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.