Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I was wondering if anyone would be able to offer me a few tips and guidance for the french listening papers.
    I get A*s in my reading, however, I usually get high B's or low A's in listening.
    Does anyone know how I can improve? How should I approach the listening? What can I do as revision to get an A* in listening? Thanks
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by darce_pll)
    Hi, I was wondering if anyone would be able to offer me a few tips and guidance for the french listening papers.
    I get A*s in my reading, however, I usually get high B's or low A's in listening.
    Does anyone know how I can improve? How should I approach the listening? What can I do as revision to get an A* in listening? Thanks
    Hiya! I moved this to the Foreign Languages forum for you - you're more likely to get a good answer here
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Same here i really want atleast an A in listening because i've got Bs so far in my mocks. the one thing i notice is that the words they say are words we know as A* reading students, it's just we cant recognise them when said. for example Aider - to help, could be said as d'aider m'aider l'aider, which sounds like 3 different words due to the preposition. if you can overcome that then that will help you recognise a lot of words because i think they tend to use those verbs starting with vowels as their main trick.
    another example is Eau - l'eau - d'eau etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    Same here i really want atleast an A in listening because i've got Bs so far in my mocks. the one thing i notice is that the words they say are words we know as A* reading students, it's just we cant recognise them when said. for example Aider - to help, could be said as d'aider m'aider l'aider, which sounds like 3 different words due to the preposition. if you can overcome that then that will help you recognise a lot of words because i think they tend to use those verbs starting with vowels as their main trick.
    another example is Eau - l'eau - d'eau etc
    Yeah I totally agree with you, i have my reading and listening exam on Tuesday so I'm going to listen to how certain french words are said and hopefully that will work.
    Good luck!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.