The Student Room Group

Pharmacy and new ucas tariff

If I take a course for let's say a bcs in Pharmaceutical science in Kingston would I be able to apply for a MPham in Medway or another uni after? I'm really confused on what I can and can't do. And the new ucas tariff isn't helping either ...
Original post by crispynoodles
If I take a course for let's say a bcs in Pharmaceutical science in Kingston would I be able to apply for a MPham in Medway or another uni after? I'm really confused on what I can and can't do. And the new ucas tariff isn't helping either ...

Do you mean study a 3 year BSc Pharmaceutical Science at Kingston and when you've finished apply to start again on (or somehow "top up" to) an MPharm elsewhere?

That isn't a usual route. Kingston offer transfers onto their MPharm course - in theory you might be able to get onto the MPharm and then switch to an MPharm elsewhere part way through the course but that's a risky route - the changes to tariff aren't likely to affect entry requirements in any way (just the way they're expressed). Transferring courses or universities isn't a back door route onto competitive courses if you don't have the standard entry requirements.

Tagging in @Medway School of Pharmacy rep to see if they can offer any specific advice.
Ah I didn't know Kingston have a MPham course. Yeah I mean doing a 3 year course in Pharmaceutical science then topping it up to a MPham. I was just worried that Kingston didn't have a MPham course so I'd have to apply for the Pharmaceutical Science course then transfer to another uni to do an MPham. You see I really want to do Pharmacy and Kingston is the perfect place (not in central London but near enough) but are there any other good unis that do Pharmacy?
Original post by crispynoodles
Ah I didn't know Kingston have a MPham course. Yeah I mean doing a 3 year course in Pharmaceutical science then topping it up to a MPham. I was just worried that Kingston didn't have a MPham course so I'd have to apply for the Pharmaceutical Science course then transfer to another uni to do an MPham. You see I really want to do Pharmacy and Kingston is the perfect place (not in central London but near enough) but are there any other good unis that do Pharmacy?

http://www.kingston.ac.uk/undergraduate-course/pharmaceutical-science-bsc/course-features.html
"

You can transfer to an MPharmSci or MPharm (Pharmacy) degree, subject to your academic performance and an interview.

"
[QUOTE=PQ;64723299]http://www.kingston.ac.uk/undergraduate-course/pharmaceutical-science-bsc/course-features.html
"

You can transfer to an MPharmSci or MPharm (Pharmacy) degree, subject to your academic performance and an interview.

"

Thank you! 😄😄

Quick Reply

Latest