Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If I take a course for let's say a bcs in Pharmaceutical science in Kingston would I be able to apply for a MPham in Medway or another uni after? I'm really confused on what I can and can't do. And the new ucas tariff isn't helping either ...
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by crispynoodles)
    If I take a course for let's say a bcs in Pharmaceutical science in Kingston would I be able to apply for a MPham in Medway or another uni after? I'm really confused on what I can and can't do. And the new ucas tariff isn't helping either ...
    Do you mean study a 3 year BSc Pharmaceutical Science at Kingston and when you've finished apply to start again on (or somehow "top up" to) an MPharm elsewhere?

That isn't a usual route. Kingston offer transfers onto their MPharm course - in theory you might be able to get onto the MPharm and then switch to an MPharm elsewhere part way through the course but that's a risky route - the changes to tariff aren't likely to affect entry requirements in any way (just the way they're expressed). Transferring courses or universities isn't a back door route onto competitive courses if you don't have the standard entry requirements.

Tagging in Medway School of Pharmacy rep to see if they can offer any specific advice.

ReputationRep:
    Ah I didn't know Kingston have a MPham course. Yeah I mean doing a 3 year course in Pharmaceutical science then topping it up to a MPham. I was just worried that Kingston didn't have a MPham course so I'd have to apply for the Pharmaceutical Science course then transfer to another uni to do an MPham. You see I really want to do Pharmacy and Kingston is the perfect place (not in central London but near enough) but are there any other good unis that do Pharmacy?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by crispynoodles)
    Ah I didn't know Kingston have a MPham course. Yeah I mean doing a 3 year course in Pharmaceutical science then topping it up to a MPham. I was just worried that Kingston didn't have a MPham course so I'd have to apply for the Pharmaceutical Science course then transfer to another uni to do an MPham. You see I really want to do Pharmacy and Kingston is the perfect place (not in central London but near enough) but are there any other good unis that do Pharmacy?
    http://www.kingston.ac.uk/undergradu...-features.html
    "
    • You can transfer to an MPharmSci or MPharm (Pharmacy) degree, subject to your academic performance and an interview.
    "

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ;[url="tel:64723299")
    64723299[/url]]http://www.kingston.ac.uk/undergradu...-features.html
    "
    • You can transfer to an MPharmSci or MPharm (Pharmacy) degree, subject to your academic performance and an interview.
    "
    Thank you! 😄😄

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.