The Student Room Group

Reasons why single girls reject your advances?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
Get rekt

mate
Original post by Multitalented me
I've asked some girls who I know are single out for a drink/meal before & they've completely blanked me. Even after having a good conversation before & then dropping it in. Is the main reason because you're ugly? Maybe they just don't want a relationship at that moment of time? I thought I might as well try & make a move as you never know & if I thought about it too long without taking any action some other guy would. Just curious on this issue? Thanks :smile:

Maybe so far your technique with the 'dropping it in' hasn't been smooth enough and you just need more practice and refining of said technique. How many girls and what can you learn from the manner of the blanking?
Original post by Another
It's not exactly a compliment knowing that a guy only wants to date you because he knows you're single, he's bored, and/or he hasn't gotten validation in a while

LOL.

Nice one- made me smile.
nah if you wanna bang, just slip some date rape in her vodka and crack on
Attachment not found
Original post by Davide_online
Maybe so far your technique with the 'dropping it in' hasn't been smooth enough and you just need more practice and refining of said technique. How many girls and what can you learn from the manner of the blanking?
About 3 or 4 so far, some blank me before I've even been given the chance. it's just been online though rather than in person (Haven't had the courage to do it IRL yet :redface:). So I didn't drop it in at the right time?
(edited 7 years ago)
Oh ok, I assumed that it was in 'real life'.

3 or 4 is not a big sample size IMO.

Many just won't be open to date someone online. I wouldn't.

What sort of 'drop ins' have you tried?
Original post by WoodyMKC
You may be coming across as that "just a friend" guy. Change of approach is in order if so.

mate you have a **** bicep
Original post by NightHawk69
mate you have a **** bicep

Well your mum seems to like it :redface:
About 3 or 4 so far, some blank me before I've even been given the chance. it's just been online though rather than in person (Haven't had the courage to do it IRL yet :redface:). So I didn't drop it in at the right time?

When you say online, is it on dating sites or elsewhere?

People are always going to be more wary about meeting people online. However, there is no need to ask them out for the sake of it, just talk to people and if you really feel a connection then ask when it's reasonable, then you may have more success. Ultimately don't put yourself under pressure to chase girls, just talk to people and enjoy yourself :borat:

Maybe it's because you're a grown man asking friends out online rather than in real life. You aren't 13 pal, they're much less likely to blank your advances if you ask them in an actual real life conversation rather than one on fb or whatsapp.
Original post by Lord Samosa
When you say online, is it on dating sites or elsewhere?

People are always going to be more wary about meeting people online. However, there is no need to ask them out for the sake of it, just talk to people and if you really feel a connection then ask when it's reasonable, then you may have more success. Ultimately don't put yourself under pressure to chase girls, just talk to people and enjoy yourself :borat:
It's not on dating sites, more social networking & these aren't just random people. I've met them before in real life & just trying to get an opportunity to get to know them more in a more convenient setting :smile: & yeah I agree what you mean about not trying to put more pressure on yourself. It's just that i'm getting older now & get a bit jealous of other guys having girlfriends & stuff :redface:

Original post by leinad2012
Maybe it's because you're a grown man asking friends out online rather than in real life. You aren't 13 pal, they're much less likely to blank your advances if you ask them in an actual real life conversation rather than one on fb or whatsapp.
I suppose you're kind of right. Asking them out in person is definitely better. I just feel it will be more awkward if they reject me :redface:
just because someone is single doesn't mean they are more desperate a lot of eople choose singledom
Original post by Biryani007
You need to stop assuming single girls are single because they can't get anyone and should therefore be up for it with the first person that asks them out...

There could be many reasons as to why they reject you - maybe they prefer being single, maybe they don't like you romantically?
I never assumed that, hence why I mentioned that maybe they don't want a relationship at that moment in time. I was just wanted to get an idea why I wasn't getting a look in.
Sometimes when a guy messages me out of nowhere and makes it clear that his intention was just to flirt it can be a bit annoying. Maybe you could try getting a bit closer to a girl to show you genuinely like her before asking her out?
Original post by Christie_xx
Sometimes when a guy messages me out of nowhere and makes it clear that his intention was just to flirt it can be a bit annoying. Maybe you could try getting a bit closer to a girl to show you genuinely like her before asking her out?
Oh alright was it overly sexual or implying that out of interest? I mean with girls I don't really do that, I just try & have friendly conversations with them, & I do know quite a lot of girls as acquaintances/friends now. However if a guy was attempting to get with you/a girl shouldn't they be showing their intentions quite early?
(edited 7 years ago)
Oh alright was it overly sexual or implying that out of interest? I mean with girls I don't really do that, I just try & have friendly conversations with them, & I do know quite a lot of girls now as acquaintances/friends now. However if a guy was attempting to get with you/a girl shouldn't they be showing their intentions quite early?

Ahh maybe it is better to show your intentions early. You sound like a nice enough person so I'm sure you'll be able to find a girl who likes you soon, maybe you were just unlucky with a few people :smile:
A woman who is single doesn't need a reason. Not everything is about the guy (and why they're not 'succeeding.')

Women aren't a game whereby if you play it just right you win.

If anyone ever tells you to 'man up' about it or 'girls like it if you treat 'em mean', it's garbage and they're misogynistic. Please ignore them.

And Christie_xx isn't saying pretend to be friends with a girl first, that'd be terrible advice. I think they're trying to say that you should be genuinely interested in someone, and not be seeing them as a potential girlfriend / date first. A woman is a human being first and foremost.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Christie_xx
Ahh maybe it is better to show your intentions early. You sound like a nice enough person so I'm sure you'll be able to find a girl who likes you soon, maybe you were just unlucky with a few people :smile:
Thanks aha :tongue: To be honest I know what my problem is, I just fear rejection too much & lack the confidence to just ask a girl out basically, so pretty much put myself in the "friendzone". Obviously my past experience set me back a bit but I'm starting to recover a now haha :tongue: Much gratitude for your kind words though, I appreciate it! :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending