Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Out of the blue after four years, a guy sent me a fb message saying hello. We got talking and his internet ran out so we started texting. I now regret it because he sends several texts a day, often at midnight which wake me up and when I am trying to study.

I feel pressured to reply but I don't really want to text as I don't have much credit and I don't have a lot of money to top up with. He also keeps asking me questions like where I will be in the future (where I will live, what I am doing for a job). I am finding it quite annoying having to explain myself all the time. I don't mind facebooking now and then but not when I am studying or at night because his texts are that long. I have tried telling him I am out of credit and he still texts and facebooks. I have gone days without replying and he keeps on texting.

This will probably come across as mean but I am also wary of not sending the wrong message. I'm not looking for a relationship (full stop with anyone) and I'm not sure whether that is something he is thinking of or trying to work towards. Basically, I want to set a boundary. I know I can't have it all my way but all this pressurised contact has taken the fun out of it.

I enjoy classic movies as well and he has gone with a list of ones I've mentioned to borrow them from the library too. It is just that he asks stuff like why am I on holiday all the time and why am I always studying and why am I doing X and I'm getting sick of explaining myself to him and feel a bit creeped out tbh. I've been stalked in the past so maybe I am paranoid but I find asking where I am going to be in a few months a bit odd. The questions he asks I wouldn't ask my friends.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, okay, I'll stop, you didn't have to shame me in public

ReputationRep:
    Just say "I'm going to be really busy for the next week, or so" and block him.

(Original post by WoodyMKC)
    Okay, okay, I'll stop, you didn't have to shame me in public
    Sorry WoodyMKC :-(

I changed a few facts and examples though so the person IRL shouldn't be able to work it out it's them. :ninja2::ninjagirl::ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I changed a few facts and examples though so the person IRL shouldn't be able to work it out it's them. :ninja2::ninjagirl::ninja:
    This is about somebody on TSR .....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    you can always block his number and block him on Facebook or change your number.

ReputationRep:
    Yo just straight up tell them theyre being annoying, dont play the game of sneakin around them.
    Tell them you dont want a relationship, or texts at midnight then proceed to slide outta his dms so quick you wonder if he even cared.

(Original post by hezzlington)
    This is about somebody on TSR .....

He's never really been a student so I doubt it.

(Original post by jonathanemptage)
    you can always block his number and block him on Facebook or change your number.
    I thought about that but it seems a bit harsh. Idk if it's me being paranoid or if there is a way of communicating better to get a compromise.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Just say you are really busy studying for the forseebale future and you dont have time to chat or respond to his texts., Then divert or block or just dump him.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 10, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.