Turn on thread page Beta

How long do you think Cameron will last as Prime Minister? When will he go? watch

• View Poll Results: What year will David Cameron resign from being PM?
    27.78%
    11.11%
    11.11%
    8.33%
    41.67%

ReputationRep:
    How long do you think Cameron will last as PM and what year do you predict he will resign?
    Also who do you think will replace him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ambitious1999)
    How long do you think Cameron will last as PM and what year do you predict he will resign?
    if he's here next year i'll be surprised hell to be fair i'm surprised he's here now what with panama papers, pigsgate, annoying the house of lords and brutal cuts that made IDS quit his position with that and that the risk of messing up the eu referendum is enough

ReputationRep:
    hopefully not long but whatever happens, the damage he and his team have done will last for generations. #skinnerforPM

ReputationRep:
    well, he's said he's not going to contend the premiership after 2020 so...2020.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say 2019, to give the next leader time to settle in before the 2020 election.

ReputationRep:
    I think he will use his full term, so 2020.
    And I hope next leader of the Torries is not Osborne.

ReputationRep:
    He himself said that he didn't want to finish another term, and there's the chance that he would resign in the case of a vote to leave Europe: it would be a major embarrassment to him. If we "vote" to stay, he will likewise assume it as a victory and could leave then, on a "high".

ReputationRep:
    He has to go by early 2019 for his replacement to settle in before the next election

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I suspect he'll be overthrown by his own party whatever the referendum result, so 2016 or 2017...

ReputationRep:
    Hopefuly he and Merkel will both be gone soon.

I just dread they will be replaced with equally inept, self-centered, power-hungry morons.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    He'll go in 2019 and we probably won't know who his successor will be until then, way too early to call. The field might be narrower than usual because really the new leader needs to already have a name for themselves, but there are more in that position than May Gove and Boris, keep an eye on some of the smaller cabinet members and former cabinet members.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by gladders)
    I suspect he'll be overthrown by his own party whatever the referendum result, so 2016 or 2017...
    Unlikely, particularly if we leave. Foreign secretary goes to a eurosceptic that can do the negotiations necessary well, Cameron stays in to maintain stability, goes in summer of 2019 for his successor to be named at the party conference.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by dragonzrmetal)
    He himself said that he didn't want to finish another term, and there's the chance that he would resign in the case of a vote to leave Europe: it would be a major embarrassment to him. If we "vote" to stay, he will likewise assume it as a victory and could leave then, on a "high".
    See above, if we vote to leave he will likely make it to 19

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    2018/19 to give his successor time to 'settle in' and prepare for the General Election campaign.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gladders)
    If we vote to leave then there is a high chance that he will have to step down pretty quickly. If we vote to stay (which I think is more likely) then he could, very well, make it to 2019.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BubbleBoobies)
    well, he's said he's not going to contend the premiership after 2020 so...2020.
    Everything I know about David Cameron says he's not known for his integrity.

He almost certainly said that for fear he's going to lose the EU referendum so he can just say 'I was going to resign anyway'.

If he wins he'll probably stay on longer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob)
    Everything I know about David Cameron says he's not known for his integrity.

He almost certainly said that for fear he's going to lose the EU referendum so he can just say 'I was going to resign anyway'.

If he wins he'll probably stay on longer.
    nah - I'd agree with you if he said it once in a shady context, but he's stated it multiple times now, including within the house of commons, so I doubt he's going to be able to live it down

ReputationRep:
    If there is Brexit, he will be gone before the next Autumn Statement.

Miraculously if the remain campaign wins which I doubt they will, then it will be how soon his party decides to throw him out which won't be too long away looking at all the power hungry monsters about.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Alfissti)

Miraculously if the remain campaign wins which I doubt they will, then it will be how soon his party decides to throw him out which won't be too long away looking at all the power hungry monsters about.
    The last thing the country need in the case of an exit vote is a leadership battle to become PM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alfissti)

Not being funny but remain is highly likely to win and I say this as someone who is cast iron to vote brexit.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 11, 2019
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.