Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm currently at university coming to the end of my first year. While the first part of the year (before christmas) was enjoyable, the part after was not.

I am diagnosed with major depressive disorder and social anxiety, I also self harm on a regular basis.
    I had a group of friends here, but as soon as they worked out that I was depressed they abandoned me and are now being very sly.

I was supposed to be living with them in second year. My friend has spent a bit of time with them and stresses that they talk about me a lot in a nasty way and have even schemed thinking of ways to get me to leave university so that they don't have to live with me.

I am withdrawing from this university partially due to this, my UCAS application has been sent off albeit late, but I'm looking for a new start in september.

I'm just worried that any new friends I make will be like these people. I don't like to broadcast that I have mental disorders but it can be obvious, like when I have anxiety attacks or don't come out of the house for days.

Please don't say anything that may be offensive. I'm going through a hard enough time as it is and I especially don't need advice on how to make my disorders better/become more likeable.

TIA.

ReputationRep:
    It did thank you!

I will keep all of that in mind, it can just be a bit daunting sometimes

I am studying at the University of London International Programmes led by LSE and have got an average of 2.1 in my first and second years combined, and further units with scores that are above 70. I am a management student and was studying all through the year, it's been hard though, I have been blanking out since my mock papers and so unsure of clearing this year, I really really want a first or a 2.1 since I do strongly stand a chance. Do not know whether not clearing all modules and giving resits the next year, and scoring better, or just to give the exams and end up with a pass degree is a good choice. I don't know how it would affect my CV since I do have colleges like LSE on my mind and have been doing well for the first two years. I also interned full-time at a reputed FMCG firm for 9 months thisyear, along with studying, can that add to my credits if I do not clear all my modules and resit them? My Uni does allow resits. Looking for opinions since I am not too sure as to how LSE or Kings or the other good colleges would view this thing of giving two modules this year and the remaining in the next year. Is it better to pass all and get done with a low class degree? Or give a chance next year? Do they reject applicants who completed the degree late? Please reply!

ReputationRep:
    I don't have a clue anon maybe you should post in another thread as this has nothing to do with mental health..

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 11, 2016
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.