Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by endorf)
    what were they shouting about collingwood ???!!!
    Esh calm down! Something to do with the people who borrowed the lions head I thought...'congratulating' them for a dismemberment well done possibly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laces)
    Nasty Collingwood...there's always one bad apple
    :eek: no way! disgraceful

(Original post by lil-pink-stars)
    Esh calm down! Something to do with the people who borrowed the lions head I thought...'congratulating' them for a dismemberment well done possibly
    as long as it was complimentary then im happy. although the way in which you placed congratulating in inverted commers makes me suspect foul play. oh well makes the songs about hatfield seem more justified.

ReputationRep:
    Sarah - gowns are the same accross the university for undergrads (though not all colleges wear them). You'll get an order form after results. You can bring guests to Formal, though on some occasions eg Christmas there are so many Mary's girls wanting to go that guest places are limited and are only avaliable after a certain deadline.

Trophying - yeah :rolleyes: well Grey freshers get sent round on the first Sunday trying to get stuff from each college. Unfortunatly the lot who came to Mary's weren't very good and got sent off with flea in their ear by me - aren't I cruel? The amount of stuff ppl trophy when drunk is amazing, goodness knows how many traffic cones, pieces of cutlery etc you come back with. One of my friends decided to go for tea in Hatfield (as you do) and not knowing what to do at the end put her left over quiche down teh radiator, so if there are any odd smells blame her. Sorry slightly off the point of trophying but related. :confused: As I say ppl trophy all sorts but to be fair its just a nicer name for thieving. Apparently some guy at Aidans tropheyed (SP?) a load of chairs from one college. The weird and wonderful world of university - enjoy

ReputationRep:
    :eek: no way! disgraceful

as long as it was complimentary then im happy. although the way in which you placed congratulating in inverted commers makes me suspect foul play. oh well makes the songs about hatfield seem more justified.
    As well those songs justify the threating spoon banging (ooooh scary!) which accompanies the host of expletives that is the chant against Collingwood...or which ever college it was, I was too shocked at the c word and f word and w word being used in a song before dinner!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=endorf]:eek: no way! disgraceful[QUOTE]

I love it when you get worked up endorf

ReputationRep:
    As well those songs justify the threating spoon banging (ooooh scary!) which accompanies the host of expletives that is the chant against Collingwood...or which ever college it was, I was too shocked at the c word and f word and w word being used in a song before dinner!
    haha, i think it was Hild and Bede, if i remember correctly

ReputationRep:
    *******s! i was originally impressed by the genius of some of the collingwood songs which appeared to have been composed very well, however towards the end of the night the quality of chants deteriorated, until everybody had seemingly resorted to shouting "WOOD WOOD WOOD" x too many.

many of the songs were inspirational, although i fear some may have hit too close to home for some colleges.

ReputationRep:
    I love it when you get worked up endorf
    its hard not to... insulting collingwood insults a part of me.

ReputationRep:
    *******s! i was originally impressed by the genius of some of the collingwood songs which appeared to have been composed very well,
    I didn't know what to make of the Hatfield songs, the spoon banging was so loud that it was hard to make out any general tune or rhythm...might just be me being musically incapacitated though

ReputationRep:
    Oooh....does Mary's have any songs ? I didn't get to go to any open days, so I don't know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shilling)
    Oooh....does Mary's have any songs ? I didn't get to go to any open days, so I don't know.
    Think Sound of Music again

"The hills are alive........"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilsunflower)
    Think Sound of Music again

"The hills are alive........"

hehehe!

*sings at top of lungs*

"Edelweiss, Edelweiss
    Every morning you greet me
    Small and white, clean and bright
    You look happy to meet me

Blossom of snow may you bloom and grow
    Bloom and grow forever

Edelweiss, Edelweiss
    Bless my homeland forever"

Hmmmm....just how could I change the words to make it fit to Mary's?

ReputationRep:
    http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionar...m%20University

found this - hope it helps!

ReputationRep:
    yeah to be honest, i tried my hardest to stay away - but i couldnt take the pressure, so here i am. well its nice to be back in good company, with a few new faces (or not so many, as the picture thread not moved on much) around.
    No one ever makes it past a week!

ReputationRep:
    Oh no, Aidan's is one of only 3 colleges without gowns...I'm going to feel so exposed! The Doctors' gown sounds cool, I want one

Does anyone know if there are any songs about Aidan's? (Aside from the actual Aidan's college ones)

ReputationRep:
    hehehe!

*sings at top of lungs*

"Edelweiss, Edelweiss
    Every morning you greet me
    Small and white, clean and bright
    You look happy to meet me

Blossom of snow may you bloom and grow
    Bloom and grow forever

Edelweiss, Edelweiss
    Bless my homeland forever"

Hmmmm....just how could I change the words to make it fit to Mary's?
    The words to that one go something along the lines of

Miging Food, minging food, every morning you greet me
    cold toast, sh*t in my tea
    i pay 64pence to eat you

salmonella may bloom and grow
    bloom and grow forever

minging food, minging food bless my meal card forever.

(Please excuse crap spelling and typing!) There are others that will be taught to you during Fresher's week like the one "we're Mary's girls, we're on teh pull, we're Mary's girls on the pull we're going to shag all the men in Durham, we're Mary's girls and on the pull!!!" I think thats how it goes, but to be honest they are shouted at the top our voices whilst walking/staggering down Church Street. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plum)
    The words to that one go something along the lines of

Miging Food, minging food, every morning you greet me
    cold toast, sh*t in my tea
    i pay 64pence to eat you

salmonella may bloom and grow
    bloom and grow forever

minging food, minging food bless my meal card forever.

(Please excuse crap spelling and typing!) There are others that will be taught to you during Fresher's week like the one "we're Mary's girls, we're on teh pull, we're Mary's girls on the pull we're going to shag all the men in Durham, we're Mary's girls and on the pull!!!" I think thats how it goes, but to be honest they are shouted at the top our voices whilst walking/staggering down Church Street. :cool:
    Hehehe....i wasn't actually expecting there already to be a song to the Edelweiss tune.
    And what tune is the "We're Mary's girls" sung to?
    I caaaan't wait until freshers' week. It sounds like such a laugh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serendipity)
    Oh no, Aidan's is one of only 3 colleges without gowns...I'm going to feel so exposed! The Doctors' gown sounds cool, I want one
    I would take that article with a pinch of salt. They state that Trevelyan does not have undergraduate gowns, but I certainly had to wear one. Maybe they are right, and Trevs have scrapped them over the last year, but I doubt it.

ReputationRep:
    Hehehe....i wasn't actually expecting there already to be a song to the Edelweiss tune.
    I bet you anything it's to the tune of "Oh when the Saints" (go marching in...) I can hear it in my head lol!
    Classy!

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha that's wonderful Our guesstimate skills are pretty in tune... see you are a Mary's girl at heart.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.