Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Looking to do a Computer Science Course. A major part of my personal statement or essay, or whatever i may write depending on the university i will be going to, would be writing about my ambition for computer science and artificial intelligence. A great way to boost my chances would be to do some work experience at some company. Though that's the great thing about computer science, the fact that i don't have to work at a company. I could gain work experience through carrying out my own projects, and that would evidently showcase my ambition.But here is the problem, i'm stuck trying to figure out something that would exhibit my enthusiasm.
    Any brainstorms on any thing i could create. Maybe something related to gaming?

ReputationRep:
    What is it about artificial intelligence that you find interesting? And have you had a go at implementing your own version of artificial intelligence?

I wouldn't fret too much about getting onto a course. Sadly, there isn't a surge of people breaking down the doors of most CS departments.

ReputationRep:
    Are you doing philosophy at A level? You could say that that led you to research the philosophy of AI which led you to thinking about programming it, and that is very plausible compared to "lol yeah i have a passion for cs like AI n stuff"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paranoid_Glitch)
    Looking to do a Computer Science Course. A major part of my personal statement or essay, or whatever i may write depending on the university i will be going to, would be writing about my ambition for computer science and artificial intelligence. A great way to boost my chances would be to do some work experience at some company. Though that's the great thing about computer science, the fact that i don't have to work at a company. I could gain work experience through carrying out my own projects, and that would evidently showcase my ambition.But here is the problem, i'm stuck trying to figure out something that would exhibit my enthusiasm.
    Any brainstorms on any thing i could create. Maybe something related to gaming?
    For something related to gaming you could just code your own game. If you want to show serious interest in AI you can look into neural networks and how they work and maybe create your own simple one (there's tutorials online). Other than that there's websites and mobile apps and all that but many people do those.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Quick link:

Unanswered IT and technology threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.