Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm an Indian student currently doing my undergraduate engineering,in one of the top-notch colleges in my state.I'm deeply interested in doing my postgraduate studies at Cambridge University.What are the procedures for applying to the university for postgraduate studies in Electrical Engineering?When shall I apply,on the completion period of my course?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by ashkurian)
    I'm an Indian student currently doing my undergraduate engineering,in one of the top-notch colleges in my state.I'm deeply interested in doing my postgraduate studies at Cambridge University.What are the procedures for applying to the university for postgraduate studies in Electrical Engineering?When shall I apply,on the completion period of my course?
    Taken from the Cambridge site.

Research Degrees - PhD & MPhil in Engineering
    If you wish to undertake a Research Course, the first step is to read the Department's Research Group pages, which can be found in the Research menu under Academic Divisions, and find a group that is closest to your interests. If you wish, you may contact a member of staff to discuss your chosen topic. You will be required to write a short research proposal or statement of research interests of on your application form. The MPhil degree is not a prerequisite for the PhD so students wishing to undertake a PhD should apply directly for admission to the PhD programme.

The electronic engineering groups can be found here.

Application Process
    The electronic application form can be accessed via Graduate Admissions; all supporting documentation should be uploaded to the web site as soon as possible after you have applied. When the Board receives your supporting documents (references, transcripts, etc), they will be forwarded to the Department of Engineering. We will then forward your application to the appropriate Research Division. If it is not clear which Research Division you wish to work with, your application may be delayed.

Closing Dates
    The closing date for applications for all courses starting in October is 30 June.Deadlines for funding applications are much earlier please visit the University of Cambridge Graduate Admissions website for further details.

Academic Requirements
    You are normally expected to hold at least a 2i honours degree from a UK university or an equivalent standard from an overseas university. Details are available on Graduate Admissions web page: International Qualifications. If you are currently studying you will be required to complete your course before starting a course in Cambridge. If you do not receive the results of your current course before the end of August there will be a delaying confirming your admission.

The information above has been pasted from this page. I suggestion you read through.
    If you have further questions, even after reading the links provided you might want to consider posing them to Peterhouse Admissions who's doing a 2 week Q&A here.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by ashkurian)
    In addition to Kvothe the arcane great post - you should look at the Postgrad forum (this one is mostly for undergrads)
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=100

Specifically this thread.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.