Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I am an EU student and generally it shouldn't be a problem to get a tuition loan. I have now read that "previous study" might affect this. Last September I randomly signed up to a Uni course where I live because it's free there and I thought I might as well try it. I did not and I didn't even go to a single lecture..

Will this now affect funding for my first year, even though it did not cost England anything that I was signed up to a course? Will they even know that I was signed up for it, I can't imagine there being a database for the whole of Europe?!

HELP!!

ReputationRep:
    If the course was free that means you didn't get a tuition fee loan for that course which means you can apply for a tuition fee loan for your new course.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by samzy21)
    If the course was free that means you didn't get a tuition fee loan for that course which means you can apply for a tuition fee loan for your new course.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's based on the amount of years study you've done, rather than the number of years funding you've had.

In the OP's case, they should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    It is best to call and confirm whether you are eligible for any assistance. I've applied for my second degree and won't receive any tuition fee loan but will receive a maintenance loan even though I self funded the first degree.However, I think this only applies to certain courses i.e. medicine, dentistry and nursing.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.