The Student Room Group

AQA A2 HISTORY HIS3B: The Triumph of Elizabeth, 1547-1603. 10th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by harrietw1
For Q3- I wrote how social/economic crisis was a factor for decline in government (or however they worded it) and then said however other factors were more important and counter balanced it with, decline in the council, factions which led to the Essex Rebellion, decline in parliament (1601 monopolies) and law and order (Tyrones Rebellion) is this ok? Need an A?

I did this and looking back I have absolutely no idea if its the right way to go! I think I counterbalanced it with the factors of foreign threat and decline in government administration, overall arguing that government administration was a larger threat to the government compared to socio/economic crisis.

ANY ADVICE?? I really need a A in this exam, do you think its plausible with this layout or have i deviated to much from the question?? (my paragraph of socio-economic was fairly short and not very economically based oops!)
Looking back on question 3, I have absolutely if I answered it right i looked at factors that caused instability in this time to determine whether socio/economic was a threat. I think I counterbalanced the socio/economic threat with the factors of foreign threat and decline in government administration, overall arguing that government administration was a larger threat to the government compared to socio/economic crisis.

ANY ADVICE?? I really need a A in this exam, do you think its plausible with this layout or have i deviated to much from the question?? (my paragraph of socio-economic was fairly short and not very economically based oops!)
Was Q3 a depth or breadth question? I answered it as a depth question, all I talked about was the problems of starvation/inflation/riots etc WITHOUT counterbalancing it with other factors like wars with Spain / the decline of government quality / Irish rebellion... I haven't given it much thought in the past few weeks but seeing my essay content being so different from the others makes me really worried :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by itssnic0le
Looking back on question 3, I have absolutely if I answered it right i looked at factors that caused instability in this time to determine whether socio/economic was a threat. I think I counterbalanced the socio/economic threat with the factors of foreign threat and decline in government administration, overall arguing that government administration was a larger threat to the government compared to socio/economic crisis.

I think this was the whole point of the question to access other factors aswell as there was not enough of reasons just to talk about social and economic problems

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending