Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Types of Love. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    love is an affection u have for somebody. it could be brotherly love or sexual love.
    what does love mean to you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _tobi_coker07_)
    love is an affection u have for somebody. it could be brotherly love or sexual love.
    You could define 'love' as anything and it would be relatively true. It doesn't necessarily mean anything, absolutely, however.

ReputationRep:
    wtf?

ReputationRep:
    lol, youmust be really bored! so am i:rolleyes:
    i would say that real love is unconditional

ReputationRep:
    The greeks had loads of words for love, and tehy all meant slighly differing things. 'Eros' and 'Agape' are the only two that I can think of just now however. The former being teh attractin between couples, and the latter an all encompasing unconditional type of thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Uncledougsie)
    The greeks had loads of words for love, and tehy all meant slighly differing things. 'Eros' and 'Agape' are the only two that I can think of just now however. The former being teh attractin between couples, and the latter an all encompasing unconditional type of thing.
    Oh that's nice Uncledougsie. Agape sounds beautiful. Can you explain that a bit more in detail.

ReputationRep:
    My old Classics teacher, going on about Plato and stuff!, told us that love was being prepared to suffer (unhappiness, pain, death, etc) so as to make your loved one safe/happy (not that dying should make them "happy"!). This in no way implies wanting to do anything sexual with them...

ReputationRep:
    Definition #4 in my dictionary says that love is a "Tennis score of zero."

ReputationRep:
    Love is subjective and so can never be defined conclusively and universally

ReputationRep:
    To me, it means caring for someone, unconditionally....

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.