Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Help with Europe Itinerary (Really appreciated!) Watch

ReputationRep:
    So me and my friend are 20, and we're planning on going interailing through Europe in July. I've worked out a rough draft, but we really need to cut some places out :/ thing is I'm not sure which, as we haven't been to any of the places before, so we can't judge what they will be like. This is what I need help with...

I can't find information on places in terms of what me and my friend like. We aren't really concerned with sight-seeing and attractions, and all information of things to do in places comes up with cathedrals, castles, etc, that we aren't bothered about seeing. Some museums would be nice, though (depending on what,) we wouldn't go out of our way to travel somewhere because of a museum/art gallery.

So we like places with more unique things to do, i.e. Reggae festival in Amsterdam (and overall weed experience and such in Amsterdam), Absinthe bars in Prague, Reeperbahn in Hamburg, etc. Any websites to find information on such, without all of the 'tourist-y' attractions?

I'd really, really appreciate the help, and I'd welcome overall tips too.

Questions about Germany below (skip section if you can't be bothered to read and don't know anything about Germany):

So Germany is the place that we want to spend most time in. Which places would people reccomend here that have unique things to do, and are quite lively? We've got Munich, Hamburg + Berlin definitely down. I'd love to go other places in Southern Germany, but is it worth it? Nuremberg VS Frankfurt? Which is better? As we'd only be able to go to one. Is Nuremberg worth going to, anyway?

General places question:

Zurich VS Vienna? Which would people reccomend in terms of the nightlife and interesting things?

Any overall place reccomendations?

The help will be greatly appreciated, thanks for reading!

ReputationRep:
    I've been to Vienna and absolutely LOVED it. Don't know about nightlife (was ~14 with parents) but it is a really beautiful city even just for a wonder around. Can't really comment on nightlife etc anywhere, sorry!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Science_Girl)
    I've been to Vienna and absolutely LOVED it. Don't know about nightlife (was ~14 with parents) but it is a really beautiful city even just for a wonder around. Can't really comment on nightlife etc anywhere, sorry!
    Thanks for your response, anyway!

What type of stuff did you do there? Was there a lot to see?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Save.Me)
    Thanks for your response, anyway!

What type of stuff did you do there? Was there a lot to see?
    We did a tour of the Vienna opera house which was really interesting (even for my dad who has no interest in opera/dance ). I think July is 'out of season' so you would probably get backstage too. Apart from that, we just wondered about, enjoying the city. We only had one day, but I really want to go back. I'm pretty sure we saw a few micro-breweries too and that that was part of Vienna's culture or something, but you would need to check as I might be getting muddled with somewhere else.

I think possibly Bratislava (Slovakia) has a good night life not far from Vienna if you do decide to go that direction (not sure though)?

You could try getting a rough guide or lonely planet of Europe or countries you are considering from a library as I think they usually have a section on nightlife etc. Library also saves you buying the book if it turns out to be useless

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Science_Girl)
    We did a tour of the Vienna opera house which was really interesting (even for my dad who has no interest in opera/dance ). I think July is 'out of season' so you would probably get backstage too. Apart from that, we just wondered about, enjoying the city. We only had one day, but I really want to go back. I'm pretty sure we saw a few micro-breweries too and that that was part of Vienna's culture or something, but you would need to check as I might be getting muddled with somewhere else.

I think possibly Bratislava (Slovakia) has a good night life not far from Vienna if you do decide to go that direction (not sure though)?

You could try getting a rough guide or lonely planet of Europe or countries you are considering from a library as I think they usually have a section on nightlife etc. Library also saves you buying the book if it turns out to be useless
    Thank you! I'll definitely have to research this micro-brewerie thing!

Unfortunately, we will not be able to go to Slovakia We're stretched for time as it is, lol, so we're going to Czech Republic, but we have to just go through Slovakia, not stop.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.